A parcel with rose seedlings came? ROSOVOD'S TIPS
Buying seedlings of roses in an online store with subsequent mail forwarding is becoming increasingly popular among gardeners.
The main thing is to choose a reliable seller that guarantees the quality of the seedlings and prevents their re-sorting, as well as reliably packs planting material. In the middle lane, the best time for planting roses in spring is from April 20 to May 30. Seedlings with a closed root system (growing in pots) are planted throughout the garden season — from mid-April to late October.
ORDER OF ACTION - STEP BY STEP
Having received a parcel with seedlings, I unpack it immediately, even if I do not plan to leave the country before the weekend.
I don’t take off the tag with the name of the variety and group.
If it is not possible to plant roses in the near future, you need to moisten them with water, pack them again and tie them tightly so that the roots do not dry out and the stems remain open.
I leave seedlings for storage before planting in a cool place. Periodically moisten the roots with water.
TIPS FOR PLANTING ROSES FROM THE PACKAGE
- Soak the rose seedlings in water for 4 hours before planting.
- Treat the plant with copper sulfate (3%), the tool with a dark solution of potassium permanganate.
- If necessary, shorten the shoots to healthy wood, and the roots up to 30 cm.
- Water for irrigation - + 16-20 degrees.
- The depth of the planting hole is equal to the length of the roots of the rose, the width is 50-60 cm.
- The soil needs fertile with the addition of humus and compost, non-acidic. Chemical fertilizers when planting is better not to make.
- The root neck during planting should be below the ground level in the middle lane by 3 cm, in the northern regions - by 6-8 cm.
- Watering after planting should be plentiful (10 liters per bush), even if the earth seems moist enough.
- Mulch the surface of the soil in a near-stem circle and shade the plant for 5-6 days.
- Water the rose regularly and plentifully for 14 days - this is the main condition for rooting.
UNPACKING A PACKAGE WITH ROSE SEEDLINGS - VIDEO
© Author: Roman USYNIN, rozovod, tg. Ryazhsk, Ryazan Region
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!