1. Olga GORBUNOVA, Bryansk

Clematis pruning

Once a neighbor complained that her clematis, rather, resemble a very annoying weed, and not a wicker decoration of the garden. She watered and fed bushes correctly, but only decided to neglect pruning ...

Representatives of plants of the Lanuginoza group, which delight with beautiful flowers already in May-early June, are now actively growing, and if you do not cut them, the plantings will become too thickened and you can not wait for blooming again (in late summer). In June, after the completion of the first wave of flowering, I cut off the tops of the shoots along with the fruit.
    As they grow, new strong branches are surely raised to the supports. It is important to remember that at clematis they are quite brittle, so they need to be tied carefully. After pruning each plant, the secateurs must be disinfected with a potassium permanganate solution or alcohol (you can use special alcoholized napkins).
    As soon as budding begins, I feed clematis with infusion of mullein (1:10) with the addition of 150 g of wood ash / 10 l of water. I pour 1 liter of composition under each bush.

2. Somova IK, Tomsk

How to form young clematis correctly so that they do not grow by one escape?

After planting, a new clematis bush must be cut off immediately. Cut the shoots, leaving a pair of lower buds - this will stimulate the rapid growth of roots. From a pair of buds, shoots will go, which will need to be pinched so that more new basal branches develop.

In newly planted young plants, only one stem often develops in the first year. Pruning and prischipka contribute to the growth and branching of lateral shoots.
      In the future, varieties that blossom on the increments of the current year, each fall are cut to the lower pair of buds. With higher pruning in the spring, shoots can begin to grow from the upper kidneys, and the lower part of the bush is bare, and the plant loses decorativeness.

In Japan and China, it is believed that where clematis is growing, there is no room for evil intentions. Let this luxurious vine in your garden, and life will be fine!
    I began my journey to beauty with the prince, this is the simplest variety of clematis. Flowers are not so luxurious, but for starters - the perfect option.
    I thought for a very long time that growing clematis is a complex science. I was preparing to overcome difficulties, but in fact they were not there. The hardest part was finding a suitable place. All clematis love the sun, their flowers are always facing south. Therefore, if you plant a liana close to the southern border of the site, then the neighbor will be extremely grateful to you. All the luxury of flowering will go to him, and you will have green tops. Along the house is also not the best place, it is often wet here, especially if there is no low tide. And on the "head" of clematis should never drip water. And then I thought: “Why should I lean the prince against something, let it grow in the center of the courtyard.” I found three strong nuts in the nearest forest, built them for the lodge, and now the dwelling is ready.
    Armor from the bear
    A separate topic is the landing pit. There are experts who believe that the pit should not just be larger than the root coma, but 2-3 times larger and well seasoned with organic matter. Some dig real cleavages under clematis. I made a small hole, but there is good garden soil around, there is enough food, and the uppermost layer is armored, pest protection: I mixed large gravel with earth and sprinkled it.
    Reach the shoulder
    Clematis can soar to a height of 4 m, but this does not mean that the support needs to be prepared four-meter. Clematis has a peculiarity: flowers are located with a hat exactly in the upper part of the bush, and below is one green mass. Let’s not look up to see the flowers. I set the supports to a maximum of two meters. when the creeper has mastered them, the upper shoots descend in a cascade. Flowers are just at eye level.
    Share with your neighbor
    Clematis is a fashionable plant, and always, therefore, expensive. Ask the plant stalk from good friends or neighbors. Cuttings can be right now, in the middle of summer. I cut the young shoot into several parts (on each 1-2 knots), leave one top leaf, keep it in any growth stimulator and plant it in good soil. Already at the end of summer, shoots will give new leaves. The next year you can land on a support.
    L.I. IVANOV, city of Rostov

4. Lilia PETROVSKAYA, Minsk

For an elegant flowering clematis
    Adult clematis bushes in May are fed with one of the solutions: ammonium nitrate (20 g per 10l water), mullein (1: 10) or chicken manure (1: 15). On 1-2 the bush I spend 10 l of top dressing. After the shoots grow, spray the plants on the leaves with a weak solution of urea (3 g per 1 L of water).
    During budding I feed with complex mineral fertilizer (for example, Kemira Lux). But in the flowering period I do not feed!

5. Lyudmila A. ZHULKOVSKAYA

Please tell us about the clematis called Love Locator. What is this plant and how is it multiplied?

• Elena PROKOPENKOVA

Clematis The love locator is a beautifully flowering vine with large bright yellow inflorescences. Excellent for all types of vertical landscaping. This liana remains ornamental right up to the deep autumn, as after flowering it forms silvery fluffy copulation. Well tolerates winters in the open ground, but can also be grown as a pot culture. The main advantage of this variety is that the plant blooms in the first year after sowing the seeds (in 3 months after sowing). The flowering period is in June, July and August. In addition, this clematis is completely unpretentious.
      Propagate it by seed method, in which seeds are sown in moist soil in one layer (April). Above, you can sprinkle with sand and cover with glass to maintain high humidity. As the drying dries, the crops are sprayed from the spray gun. During 2-3 weeks, shoots should appear at room temperature, otherwise boxes with seeds are sent to a room with a lowered temperature (2-4 degrees of heat) for stratification.
      To be sure of the result of planting material, it is better to divide the seeds into two parts and grow one at room temperature, and the second at low temperature. With this approach, you will definitely achieve a result that will please you.

6. Ilona

When we first began to equip the plot, we immediately decided to make the garden small - for the most necessary: ​​cucumbers, greens and berries for children. And the rest was planned for beauty.
    I can not refrain from collecting plants: from any exhibition, from the market, from the garden center, I always come back from the extraction. " To place my collection, I came up with mini flower beds that scattered throughout the garden: where it is unreal to arrange a large flower garden, you can always make a small one. Also I plant flowers in containers, drawers on the terrace.
    Especially not indifferent to the clematis. But clematis are not marigolds, they need a lot of space, and most importantly, they need support. At first I used as a support gazebo. The husband specially built an openwork pavilion so that clematis can build along it. Then a shed and a carport went into the course. But then the possibilities ended. We bought several flat supports for climbing plants, but they were too small for clematis, more suitable for morning glory or beans. And here at the exhibition I got new sorts of clematis, which struck me with their beauty. But where to put them? The way out was suggested by the husband: use the fence as a showcase for the clematis collection. That is, make a hedge from the clematis. It was very helpful, since we were going to change the old fence.
    Initially, they planned a fence of corrugated metal, but revised the design and made a part of the fence along the main windows of our house from the trellis and sections of the slab.
    Along the fence, I placed my collection of clematis. In addition along the clematis, decorative perennials landed: hosts, astilba, daylilies, phloxes (to close the clematis feet). Planted clematis, given their color: made a smooth transition from white to pink, then to lilac and purple. Diluted the planting with motley clematis.
    The first and second year of clematis actively grew, and the third blossomed blossomed. It was an enchanting spectacle! The leaves were almost invisible-only a sea of ​​flowers. Now our hedge "can be seen from afar: a solid bright multi-colored carpet. And all. who pass by our site, stop and admire.

7. Lyudmila

Many people think that there are many cares with clematis, and I adore this perennial. Planted in a well prepared flower requires minimal maintenance. For clematis, it is necessary to establish a support or plant the plant along the fence, around the arbor, next to decorative bushes - so that the liana can curl. I tie the stems to the supports evenly in one layer - this provides better lighting and in the future more abundant flowering. Watering and weeding are mandatory. In autumn I cut off, leaving hemp in 20-40 cm, and I cover for the winter with leaves, spunbond. With this simple maintenance, my ornamental vine adorns the plot every year, pleasing the eye with bright chic flowers and a green carpet of leaves.