39 Comments

1. OOO "Sad"

HERCULES FOR VEGETABLES
    It’s not the first year since the middle of summer that I use hercules to feed my vegetables! By itself, of course, it is not a fertilizer (maybe just a little). But when I scatter finely ground oat-flakes in a bed (about a handful per meter) and shallowly cover it with rakes, the worms are typed visibly and invisibly! And this means that the earth is loosening and enriched with the products of their vital functions. And the vegetables like it, it is especially noticeable in beets - directly “straightens the shoulders”!

Nikolay Ermikov

2. Nina

In a small area I grow a little bit of everything - exclusively for the needs of the family. True, in order to get the desired yield, one has to work hard: to water regularly, loosen plants, fight against numerous diseases and pests and, of course, feed them in a timely manner.
    Since I am an adherent of organic farming methods, I use only natural supplemental medicines. Last year, following the advice of good friends, I discovered yeast-based fertilizers. And the result surprised me! The seedlings of tomatoes and peppers, fed by yeast, turned out to be more durable and strong.

And after reading the information on the Internet, I learned that the application of fertilizers based on yeast has a beneficial effect on the soil, enriching its composition with essential elements and activating the activity of beneficial microorganisms.
    Harvest last year was pleased. And most importantly - I am confident in its naturalness and environmental safety. What more could I wish for my grandmother, who would eat homemade vegetables for children and grandchildren who come to visit for the whole summer?

Yeast dressings are nutritious for all vegetable crops. Therefore, those who, like me, when growing vegetables prefer natural farming, I advise organic products, which include beneficial yeast bacteria. Your plants will surely feel it and thank you for a healthy and high-quality harvest.

Twice in the summer (at the beginning of June and mid-July), after abundant watering, I feed all the vegetables in the garden with such a composition at the root. 1, Art. dry yeast mix with 2 st.l. sugar, 2 powdered ascorbic acid dragees and a handful of peat. Pour all 5 l of water at room temperature, insist day, filter. Before use, dilute with water 1: 10.

Olga

Yeast is rich in proteins, minerals, organic iron and trace elements. They are an excellent growth promoter and source of beneficial bacteria. Ascorbinka strengthens the immune system of both humans and plants. And peat is rich in nutritious macro and microelements. An excellent composition, however, I would recommend using fresh yeast (30 g), and the dressing itself is desirable to spend the first time in the stage of two true leaves (both for seedlings and plants in open ground), the second - in the budding period, and the third - when the roots begin to fill, and the fruits - to ripen.
      Elena ISAEVA, agronomist

Can yeast resist fungal plant diseases?
    Zakhar Ivanovich NEVIN, Tula

This is quite possible, because yeast is of the same nature. And when they fall into parts of plants, they begin to actively compete with pathogenic "relatives", displacing them. In particular, they counteract the causative agents of late blight on tomatoes and powdery mildew on cucumbers. At the same time, the plants themselves are not threatened by yeast.
      Well serves this purpose "mash", cooked in a home way. Pour 10 liters of warm (not higher than 3 degrees) water into a 37-liter bucket, pour 10 tbsp. l sugar and a bag (10 g) of dry yeast. The liquid should ferment, which will take 8-10 hours. If you start cooking “mash” in the morning, then in the evening it can be used. Before use, the bucket is refilled with clean water and the resulting liquid is applied under any vegetable plants at the rate of 1 liter under a bush (cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage) or 2 liters per 1 sq. m (carrots, radishes, green crops). Before this, pour them with clean water. Fertilizing cucumbers is done more often (every 10-12 days), tomatoes and all other vegetables - less often (once every half a month).

The same "mash" can be foliar feeding plants, sprinkling their foliage. In this case, the effect of countering fungal diseases is higher, especially if vegetables are processed every 2 week. Externally, the cultures seem to come alive: after a couple of days, the leaves become bright green in color, the plants grow, the flowering and fruiting become more active.

But for foliar fertilizing is a prerequisite. It is necessary to spray the aboveground part of plants only in the evening just before sunset. In this case, its rays will not be able to burn leaves moistened with liquid. And plants overnight will be able to absorb all the beneficial substances that make up the yeast mixture.

5. Olga ZUEVA, Pskov

The recipe for this fertilizer was suggested to me by a neighbor. Now I use only them - and I do not complain about the harvests! In a three-liter jar with warm water, pour a pinch of dry yeast, add 5 Art. sugar, mix everything carefully.

I leave it warm on the 2-3 of the day. In a barrel with a volume of 200 l throw the floor of a bucket of manure, on a spade of wood ash, compost, land from the garden and sand, add 1 l of kefir, yogurt or whey and a bucket of steamed chopped straw. Pour everything up to the top with water, pour in yeast sourdough, stir. I insist week, periodically shake. Before use I dilute with water 1: 10 and water the vegetables.

6. Ekaterina Chaplygina, pos. Ust-Donetskiy Rostov Region

In the minibus she heard a conversation between two women who were driving from the villa. One said that she fed her tomatoes with yeast and that's why she had a good harvest, and the other doubted that it was effective. So which of them is right?

If you water the plants with a solution of yeast, this will improve their nutrition by stimulating the activity of soil microorganisms. But there are a few nuances. Feeding with a yeast solution is carried out no more than 2 times per season (at the beginning and in the middle). In the process of fermentation, the yeast absorbs calcium, therefore, experienced gardeners immediately contribute and ash. It must also be remembered that the yeast begins to work only in the warmth, and pouring cold soil onto the solution is the monkey labor.

To prepare a working solution, dry yeast (10 g) is dissolved in 10 l of warm water, add 2 st. l. sugar and insist 2 h. (before use, the infusion is diluted in 50 l of water).

7. Vera LIPAI, the town of Uzda

Yeast will return flowers to life

In autumn and winter, indoor flowers sometimes start to wilt. Yeast helps me to return them to life. 10 g of pressed yeast dissolve in 1 l of warm water, add 1 st.l. Sahara. I insist a couple of hours. The resulting composition is diluted with water 1: 5. I water the plants 1 once a month.

I really like your top dressing from yeast. It is universal, suitable for all country plants - both in the garden and in the garden. I breed fertilizer in a five-liter bottle. First I pour 3 liters of warm (not hot) water, throw inward 10 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar and a pack of yeast - I have them dry. In the morning I do, and in the evening I feed everyone who needs it.

9. Anna Grigorevna Krasavina, Moscow

I pamper my cucumber with a yeast dressing. I shed a couple of times seedlings and a couple of times cucumbers already growing in the open ground. To prepare for feeding, you need dry yeast (a bag of 10 g), a bucket of water, mown grass.

Infusion costs the night, in the morning you can already water the plants. It is also good to make infusion with chicken litter. This top dressing improves the growth of seedlings, the formation of fruits accelerates.

10. A. Maleeva Belgorod

I heard that yeast is used as a top dressing for tomatoes. Tell me, what else should I add?

For top dressing of tomatoes I was advised to use infusion of nettles, yeast, whey, kefir and jam. Nourishing "gulls" I prepare in 200-liter barrel. Greenery finely cut, add 0,5 buckets of chicken manure and keep, stirring, days 10. Then remove the cellophane and add to the barrel 100 g yeast, 3 l serum, 1 l kefir and a jar of jam (if left old, unnecessary) or 1 kg of sugar. I fill it with water and cover it tight with a black film. After 10 days fermentation will end.
      I filter this very "perfumed" liquid in the evening, add to the water for irrigation in the ratio of 1:10 and water the plants. Tomatoes like this infusion - they bear fruit well, almost do not get sick. And from large-fruited varieties we often remove "tomatoes" weighing 1 kg.
      O. LOTAREVA

11. Galina PEREDRIY, city of Stavropol

Preparing the sourdough is a simple matter! And how much good is the garden from her!

I take 5 g of dry yeast, mix them with 3 st. l. malt or dry kvass, pour 0,5 glass of water and leave for an hour. Then spread the starter into an 3-liter jar, add 3 st. l. sugar, pour the can to the top with water, close the lid and put in a warm place to wander.

After three days, kvass is ready. After the kvass is drunk, I add to the starter 2 art. l. malt and 1 st. l. sugar, pour water and again put on fermentation.
    As soon as the mass in the jar exceeds 2/3 of its volume, I dump it into a 10-liter bucket, fill it with water and insist for a day. I get an excellent fertilizer for plants. I water them flowers, tomatoes, cucumbers, \ Sye? ' bszhplzhany, peppers, shrubs, trees. > * ”- Yeast that
    play a major role in this feeding, create favorable conditions for soil bacteria.

They begin to more actively process organic substances, enriching the earth with potassium and nitrogen. This affects the growth of the plants themselves and fruiting.
    The only caveat is that you cannot feed root vegetables with old sourdough: potatoes, radishes, turnips, onions, garlic. Yeast top dressing makes the crop loose and tasteless. And it would be better if a week before watering with leaven, fertilize the soil under vegetable crops with ash, because the yeast "destroy" the potassium present in the earth.

• Rouse

I grew up in the garden: since childhood, together with my parents, I was engaged in growing plants. I watched their growth from seeds to fruits, read a lot about the life of plants.
      I used microbiological fertilizers, fermentation compounds, advertised supplements on my sotki and many other things: while I was working in production, I had the opportunity to buy them. I watched their effect on plants.

And now I'm on a penny retirement, you won’t go too far ... I choose and use the most effective means - mash.
      I take an 3-liter container with water that is chlorine-free (it kills all bacteria, useful as well), 1 glass of sugar and 1 a packet of yeast. All this I stir and put in a warm place for three days away from the sun's rays.

This is the peak in the development of the number of yeast fungi and bacteria. Braze poured into 200-liter barrel of water and water all plants three times a season. It has already been tested that bacteria work as symbiotics with plants and increase yields.

One indispensable condition: they need food for further development - be it mulch from hay, grass or humus.

12. Rimma LASKINA, Orel region.

Tomatoes on yeast

In baker's yeast contains valuable minerals, so I tried to feed them with infusion of tomatoes.
    In 10 l of water put 10 g dry yeast and 2 st. l. of granulated sugar. I mixed it, left it for 2 h, then diluted 1 l in 5 l water and poured tomato seedlings, transplanted into a greenhouse. I did not notice any obvious effect of feeding. May turned out to be cold, and yeast is known to work in the warmth.
    The second attempt was made when warm weather was established and when the seedlings were well established.

Only this time I added ash (2 cups) to the infusion, as I found out that fermented yeast absorb potassium from the soil. After this feeding, the effect was noticeable already on the 4th day - the plants began to actively gain green mass.
    However, yeast dressing can not be carried out too often-enough 2-3 times per season. I, for example, fed 1 times (not counting the first failed attempt). By the way, not only tomatoes, but also peppers and potatoes like this additive and grow in the literal sense of both leaps and bounds!

13. I. Lestvitskaya Novosibirsk region

On the Internet they write that plants can be fed with yeast or breadcrumbs, soaking them in water. What gives such additional fertilizing?

• N. Khromov, Ph.D.

Yeast and bread soaked in water is an excellent fertilizer for plants, which can enhance growth, strengthen immunity, and accelerate the formation of the root system. Yeast and bread are rich in sugars, available for plants to iron, minerals, trace elements, amino acids.
      Such top dressing, among other things, favorably affects the development of microflora contained in the soil, thereby making the soil composition better, accessible phosphorus and nitrogen appear. Of the minuses, it can only be noted that yeast and bread, decomposing, can absorb a large amount of potassium contained in the soil, so it is necessary to provide for its introduction. The best option is to add yeast and bread along with the infusion of wood ash.
      In order for yeast and bread to act, it is necessary to do everything correctly. Do not forget that such fertilizers are most active when the soil is warm, so wait until late spring and summer.
      You can use either dried yeast or raw yeast, well, crackers - after soaking them in warm water for 10-12 hours.
      Dry yeast is bred in warm water (10 g per 1 bucket of water), add 2 art. spoons of sugar and leave 1 for 2 h. The resulting infusion is diluted to 5 times and watered.
      As for fresh yeast, then the dose is higher - about 1 kg per 5 liters of water. The solution is diluted 5 times and used as fertilizer.

14. Katerina BELOTSERKOVSKAYA, Krasnodar Region

Everything grows by leaps and bounds
    For more than a year I have been feeding cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, eggplant and other cultures with yeast. It is very inexpensive and very effective.
    100-150 g of pressed yeast dissolve in 10 l of warm water and insist a day or two. The resulting fertilizing on 1-1,5 llyu directly under the roots. After it I fertilize the beds with ashes.
    During fruiting, yeast is not used, as they stimulate the growth of green mass. Yeast fertilize not only vegetable crops, but also berries, flowers, ornamental shrubs. 8 yeast solution a day I hold the cuttings before planting for germination.
    Sometimes it turns out that it's time to make fertilizing, but yeast is not at hand, then I cook them myself. I take a glass of wheat, sprout it and grind it, add on 2 art. l. flour and sugar.
    All this is mixed until the consistency of thick porridge, 20 min. I cook on a small fire and leave to wander. After a day and a half yeast is ready.
    Yeast fertilizing allows you to grow unusually strong plants, and therefore, to receive excellent yields.

15. alimma

Thanks for the advice very much. I liked the advice on being nurtured
    Ei yeast plants. I will definitely try to apply this method.

16. Kristina OLEZHKO, Ivanovo

In our family there are two allergic people, that is why it is especially important for me to grow "clean" vegetables that are not overfed with fertilizers on the plot. But you can not do without any food, otherwise you will not get a good harvest. Therefore, I use foliar additives, in which the risk of "overfeeding" vegetables is minimal.
    Plants are able to absorb nutrients not only through the roots, but also through the leaves. Moreover, trace elements (boron, manganese, magnesium, etc.) are absorbed by leaves much faster than roots. Extra root top dressing is especially effective in late May - early June, when leaves and shoots are actively growing. In addition, with this processing method, fertilizer consumption is reduced.
    Nutrient solutions
    I spray the plants in cloudy, but not rainy weather. On sunny days it can be done only in the evening. In order not to burn the leaves, the concentration of the solution should be at least twice as low as with a normal root dressing.
    Especially good for foliar dressings are diluted infusions of nettle, tomato leaves, garlic with the addition of wood ash and a solution of microelement fertilizers. They act as fertilizer, and as preparations from aphids, fungal diseases, leaf-eating pests.
    Such spraying "2 in 1" I use most often for potatoes, cucumbers, berry bushes, cabbage, tomatoes.

17. Nina

Took this method into service. She got a hand and began to experiment. Now I want to make a small addition. In the summer, my husband always makes kvass. He conjures with great pleasure. Every three days it drains the finished drink and changes the bread in the container. Throwing it away is a great sin, and therefore I blab this bread in water and pour it under cucumbers, tomatoes and peaches. And everything is growing wildly. For example, in the photo you can see how my granddaughter Alyonushka picks up just a gorgeous cucumber. But in the yard, by the way, is the end of October. And my tomatoes are well-ugly - grown by real heroes. By the way, again I want to thank those readers who were advised to do trellis for tomatoes, which helps plants very much.
    But in one of the rooms the summer resident (I will not indicate her surname) advises planting aubergines between rows and potatoes. By this she protects her second bread from the Colorado beetle. But he has a blue one for a tooth, and then he will still throw himself on a potato. In my opinion, it's just a waste of effort and land.

After harvesting, the soil is prepared for spring planting - it is necessary to fill nutrients expended during the summer. As organic fertilizers slowly decompose and prolongation act, they are introduced in autumn. You can use manure and compost, plowing them into the soil. In addition, mineral potassium and phosphorus fertilizers are introduced in autumn. On light sandy soils, where there is a pronounced lack of potassium, the dose of fertilizer should be increased.

19. Elizaveta VALYUSHKINA, Pskov region

Feeding with yeast
    Once I poured the remnants of yeast kvass into the garden with strawberries. And I noticed that the bushes and berries became larger in comparison with those that grew elsewhere.
    After these observations, I decided to use a solution of yeast for other plants. In addition, I read that this product improves the soil and gives plants additional nutrition.
    Yeasts love warmth, so I bring them only to warmed soil. They help the strawberry to take root. A week after planting the mustache (in the second half of September or early October) I feed the bushes with the following means: in 2.5 l of warm water, I plant 500 g of yeast. I insist 3 hours, and then add 25 l of water and water the strawberries under the root.
    You can also use dry yeast. In 5 l of warm water I add 5 g dry yeast and 1 st. l. Sahara. I let it brew 2 h, dilute 25 l of water. These top dressings are used not only for rooting of strawberries, but also during transplantation and picking of vegetable seedlings. It is necessary to know that yeast takes a lot of potassium from the soil, so I also inject ash with them.
    Excellent replacement of yeast, a piece of wheat. For this, you need to pour a glass of grains on 1 water, leave them for a day, and then grind them. Add on 2 Art. l. flour and sugar, put this mass on fire for about 10 min. and remove the resulting porridge for a day in a warm place. Then dilute the mass 40 L of water, strain and apply under the roots of the plants.

20. Nikolai POVALYAEV, city of Lviv

Fertilize with milk, the garden will be healthy!
    Once I heard a conversation between two truck farmers. They discussed the use of milk on the plot of land. They say that they can fertilize plants and fight with pests. Such an unusual method made me very interested, since I keep my house, and milk is even abundant. Tell me, were these people right? How effective is the use of milk in the garden and how to do it correctly?

• Summerman, gardener and gardener (anonymous)

Yes, indeed some gardeners use milk as fertilizer and pest control. Milk contains elements such as nitrogen, calcium, sulfur, phosphorus, some amino acids. In its pure form, as a rule, milk is not used, but it is diluted with water in the ratio 1: 3 or 1: 5. Also use and lactic acid serum. It is also used in diluted form. For root feeding, mixtures of milk (whey), water, wood ash, peat are prepared in different ratios, depending on the purpose of use. The most responsive to top dressing with milk and whey is tomatoes and peppers. Apply it also for spraying plants from pests (aphids, fleas).

21. Vera Nikolaevna Agafyeva. Dzerzhinsk. Moscow Region

CONNECTION FROM YEAST
    I want to share a recipe for universal top dressing from yeast, which improves the soil, helping to develop beneficial microorganisms in it. Yeast is also an excellent growth promoter. I prepare the dressing as follows: in 5 l of warm water I dilute 10 g of dry yeast, add 3 tbsp. tablespoons of granulated sugar. I insist for three hours. I dilute one glass of tincture with five glasses of water. I feed everything that grows in the garden. Vera Nikolaevna Agafieva. Dzerzhinsk. Moscow region

22. Kapitolina Semenovna Tarasova, Boksitogorsk

It’s not the first year since the middle of summer that I have been using ... Hercules to feed my vegetables! In itself, of course, it is not a fertilizer (maybe a little). But when I scatter finely ground Hercules around the ridge (about a handful per meter) and shallowly cover it with rakes, the worms are typed apparently and invisibly! And this means that the earth is loosening and enriched with the products of their vital functions. And I like vegetables, it is especially noticeable in beets - straight-shoulders straightens ”!

23. Taisia ​​Stepanovna

Nettle and yeast
    I want to talk about how I feed cucumbers.
    The first way is a nettle from nettle. It is not difficult to prepare it: I cut the plants with a sickle, grind them and fill them with a bucket to half. Then I fill in 10 liters of water, loosely cover with a plastic lid and leave to insist for five days. When the nettle ferments (this is easy to understand by the pungent odor), then every liter of infusion I dilute again in 10 liters of water and feed the cucumbers.
    The second way - I do top dressing based on fresh yeast. I fill a three-liter jar on 2/3 with warm, settled water. Then I take 100 g of fresh yeast, put them in a half-liter jar, pour warm water too, dissolve them there and add half a glass of granulated sugar. Then I pour it all into a large jar and leave to roam. I cover the neck of the jar with gauze, and occasionally shake the contents. The solution will be ready when fermentation stops. For the top dressing, I dilute the resulting solution in the ratio of 1 cup to 10 liters of water. Watering - 1 liter for each bush. By the way, both of these top dressings are suitable for any culture and even indoor flowers.

24. Tamara

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely try it at my dacha.

25. Tell me, is it necessary to fertilize in winter? I select fertilizers for the spring. But for some plants there are winter fertilizers.
    Advise, please.

26. Tatyana72

You always spend a lot of time and energy on growing vegetables in the garden. And the result is sometimes disappointing: the plants grow poorly, they bind little fruit, get sick. Perhaps they need to be fed? Several years ago I was advised to feed vegetable cultures with yeast solution.
    Yeast in general is very useful for plants, because they contain calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus. Prepare the dressing simply: you only need 1 a standard pack of compressed yeast (100 g) to dissolve in 10 l of warm water. Pour on the basis of 0,5 l solution per plant. Especially like feeding from yeast tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, strawberries.

27. Daria

Breadmaker
    Recently, here and there, I read advice to feed plants with a breadcrumb. The advice is good, although it is rather a fertilizer not for plants, but for soil bacteria, which, after "eating" vegetable protein, start to multiply rapidly and thus help vegetables absorb nutrients. But I would make some adjustments. Firstly, I only add dry crusts of bread to the talker or "green" fertilizer, those. that we did not eat at the table. Bread is food, not fertilizer,
    ashamed to throw them! If the bread residue is missing or not enough for one batch, I add chicken feed or bran to them. The effect will be the same. Secondly, it is very important. so that the bread is not contaminated with mold, otherwise you will harm the soil instead of using it. So immediately I dry the bread crumbs and watch to prevent mold from appearing on them. Moldy bread is only suitable for compost, where mold fungi die.

28. Anatoly

I want to share my advice with readers. Many of us plant cucumbers and tomatoes in the beds. To get an excellent crop of these crops, you need to take good care of them. First of all, they need to be well fed, namely, to make bread dressings, as I do. And I’m cooking them like that. For tomatoes who love bread dressing, I prepare bread kvass, and, believe my experience, the result is worth it! To prepare kvass, take 6-7 crackers of black rye bread, put them in a three-liter jar, pour cold water from the tap and put on the windowsill, on the sunny side, for 7 days - wander around. When the kvass is ripe, take a glass and dilute it in a bucket of water. Feeding tomatoes with such water once a week.
    And I feed up cucumbers so. I fill half the bucket with rye breadcrumbs. Then I fill them with water, put the load on top so that the biscuits do not come up, and I insist 7 days. This leaven is then filtered and diluted with water 1: 3. On 12 l of the received liquid I add a match box of any complex fertilizer for cucumbers. With this solution, water the cucumber 1 once a week from the beginning of flowering to the beginning of wilting.
    And fruit-berry trees also like to eat kvass, and then to thank with their harvest. 20-liter bucket on 1 / 4 is filled with rye breadcrumbs and poured with water. To the received weight I add half-shovels of fresh manure, I mix and I insist exactly one week. For fertilizing I take 1 l infusion of 12 l of water and water 1 times in 2 weeks.
    Thanks to this unusual feeding, I get excellent harvests. I advise you as well.

29. Alyona

Vegetables on yeast
    Sometimes, you will spend a lot of time and energy on the garden, but zero sense. Most often, the reason lies in inadequate or inadequate nutrition. And what if you feed your pets with yeast?
    In normal yeast, there is almost everything you need for a healthy and fruitful life of plants. In the optimal amount they contain potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, copper. What is not fertilizer?
    No sooner said than done. I took a pack of pressed yeast (100 g), diluted in 10 l of cold water and immediately watered all my beds with this solution. I especially liked the “drink” of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and strawberries. Try it and you.

30. Alain

Fertilizer with mushroom is a wonderful top dressing for all garden crops - vegetables, shrubs and garden trees
    She uses it for several years and offers a recipe: 9 l of water, one and a half glasses of sugar, 300 g of yeast.
    Put in a warm place, and after 7 days the mash is ready. We breed 1 cup of mash in 10 liters of water. Watering the plants under the root (per liter under the root of the plant), as well as spraying on the leaves - this is an excellent foliar top dressing. The plants develop strong, the fruits are healthy and juicy.
    I tried and made sure: everything is correct. They like potatoes and tomatoes very much. Tomatoes after it do not get sick, potatoes are large, boiled, and cabbage leaves are without aphids, midges, bugs and other evil spirits. It is necessary to feed the plants in 10 days, 3-5 times during the summer.
    The result did not take long. And in July, July and August tomatoes I made foliar top dressing, alternating with the whey with serum, and kept them from the phytophthora.
    In 2012, I came up one evening to an onion bed and gasped - slugs clung to the whole onion, gnawing. Then, three years ago, I still used the insecticide, but it acted until the first rain, and then the slugs attacked again, I barely saved the onion. And that evening she took the mash, poured into a bucket of water and poured earth and a feather around the bulbs. The next day I come - not a single slug, the feather is clean.
    The same problem was with cucumbers: neighbors were reseeded 2-3 times. And my cucumbers only sprout - immediately slugs destroy them. I rumbled in the holes of the ground, again sowed the cucumbers and poured mash. A few days later, the cucumbers rose like soldiers, and no one disturbed them anymore, the harvest was excellent. And when planting cabbage, pumpkin, zucchini, it was also watered with mash, and not a single plant was damaged. Last year turned out to be rainy, I did not wait for the slugs to attack - after the next rain I poured onion twice with a mash with an interval of two weeks and got just a record crop!
    In a word, I was convinced in my garden for two years: the best way to combat slugs is mash. For planting, planting vegetables, the mash should be ready, then you will not have any problems in preserving and growing seedlings.

31. Vyacheslav

Always in the spring in the greenhouse I install a barrel, in which I hold water for irrigation. She warms up very well during the day, and at night she gives her warmth to the planted seedlings.
    Last year, I filled the barrel with rainwater, came in a week, and the water blossomed, the whole surface was covered with green algae. But do not pour it just like that! I decided to water some of the plantings of tomatoes with this water. The rest poured with fresh water, heated in the sun.
    A week later, the plants, watered with "green" water, looked
    more developed than those that watered the usual. It turned out that water with algae worked as a growth stimulant.
    He began to water all the plants in the greenhouse with this water. My tomatoes grew in leaps and bounds. To zazelenit a new portion of water in a barrel left 10-15 l so-called starter with seaweed. After 3-4 days, the water was ready for irrigation.
    This year again I water my pets with "green" water. The experience turned out to be successful!

32. a guest

Last year, I tried to restore the fertility of the soil by the method of the famous vegetable gardener Igor Liadov. And it turned out perfectly! The yield of all crops has grown by one and a half times.

That's what infusion, recommended by a colleague, I used for this purpose. First, "stirred up" the mating. In a three-liter jar of water (taken from a village well, not chlorinated) put 5 art. l. sugar and about 1 cm from yeast rods. He mixed everything and put it to the fermentation. While this liquid "let bubbles", began to fill the 200-liter barrel. In it I laid on the shovel shovel wood ash, compost and sand, then half a bucket of manure or bird droppings, a bucket of half-blown leaves (you can rotten straw).
    When the mare was ripe (in me in three days), I poured it into the barrel with 1 l sour to the state of curdled milk. Everything mixed well (for this I made a semblance of an oar) and left to wander for a week, covered with a piece of roofing paper. From time to time he kept stirring with the same oar.
    It turned out something like the famous "Baikal EM-1", but, as I guess, better. In this starter there are exactly the same lactic acid bacteria, other useful microorganisms. Advantage over purchased drugs, first, in cheapness (almost all for nothing), and secondly, it is not known what you buy in the store under the guise of live EM extracts. They can freeze during winter storage, and this makes the fluids completely useless. In addition, it is often suggested and forgery. So it is more reliable to use your own starter cultures.
    In order to use the liquid described by me, it must be diluted in half with water and watered beds at the rate of 1 bucket at 1 sq. M. m.