1. Victoria S. KONOPLEVA, Tula

The composition of spinach found a lutein substance, which has strong antioxidant properties. Thanks to it, the aging processes of the organism are significantly slowed down.

Note
    The leaves of spinach contain oxalic acid, so it is extremely necessary to consume this vegetable for those who suffer from gout, who are concerned about kidney stones, urinary and gall bladder. The most important thing is to try to collect the leaves until they are coarser, then they have less acid.
    By the way, the same lutein, contained in the eyeball, protects the retina from too bright light. Therefore, the use of spinach has a beneficial effect on vision. And to smokers, this vegetable helps to mitigate the consequences of bad habits.
    In addition to spinach dishes, which are useful in themselves, you can also use juice from fresh plant leaves. It is recommended for lack of iron in the blood, weakening of the body, overfatigue and prolonged illness, gum disease and as a means to strengthen the nervous system.
    Salad from spinach
    Boil the eggs. Spinach with boiling water and cut its leaves like cabbage, add cut onion rings, dill, parsley. Crumble the eggs and add to the salad.

Season mayonnaise, put on top small toasted breadcrumbs of white bread and chopped small cubes of cheese.
    For 400 g of spinach - 4 eggs, 1 onion. 1 bunch of dill and parsley, crackers, feta cheese, mayonnaise.

2. Galina V. SEMENTSOVA

I like experimenting in the garden, I always try with pleasure new cultures and new varieties. This year, my sister advised to plant spinach in the garden. I confess honestly: I've never heard of this culture before, I even asked: "Salad?" But my sister corrected: "No, spinach."
    From sample to conveyor
    Sown and surprised how wonderful the plant has grown. I tried it - and I liked it, now I flavor every salad with this vitamin greens. But she decided not to stop at the bed alone - every three weeks she cooked small beds, where she sowed spinach.
    Details of the technology
    I will share with fellow farmers how I did it. The bed should be in an open lighted place. This selected area must be cleaned of the plant remains of the precursor plant. After that, the chopper or flat-cutter "interrupt" the soil to 10-15 cm and cut shallow grooves 0,5-1, see.
    Seeds are preliminarily immersed in water for a minute at a temperature of 50 degrees, then, wrapped in a damp cloth, leave for two days in the warmth (I keep the cloth moist), during this time I dip it twice in warm water.
    Seyu seeds with a row spacing 20 cm, slightly sprinkled and clap.
    Further care consists in loosening the soil and weeding from weeds. It is very important to water regularly, as spinach loves moist soil.
    Two weeks after sowing, I spend feeding with ash - a couple of glasses per square meter is enough. m

I thin out the plants twice: the first time in the phase of this leaf, leaving 5-6 cm between the plants, the second - immediately after the leaves are closed - up to 15-20 cm.
    I remove the spinach as soon as the leaves become more or less large. I did not think about storage: everything that I cultivated was immediately consumed fresh by my family. So feel free to experiment and try a new one - you will not regret it.

3. Tamara NOVOSELOVA, Bryansk

I planted spinach in a flower pot and waited for the tasty greens to grow. Shoots appeared quickly and began to somehow strangely stretch. And then the plants suddenly bloomed at once! Delicious leaves, I did not wait. As I was later told by experienced gardeners, spinach leaves in color if it becomes hot. Apparently, on the windowsill, where the sun is shining all day, my spinach had a hard time, and he immediately blossomed with resentment.

I had to clean the flowering spinach and sow a new one. This time, I sowed the seeds in boxes and seedlings broke through when they got too tight. I did not allow the soil to dry out, and I watched that the spinach did not suffer from the sun: it shaded it in the heat and sprinkled it in the mornings with warm water. This time everything turned out, and the spinach leaves grew large and delicate.

Spinach gives a full harvest already in 30-40 days after sowing seeds, so in a season I manage to sow it 3-4 times. The plant likes light neutral soil. He needs a well-lit place. Nitrogen fertilizers, and the more so manure, spinach are contraindicated - it easily accumulates nitrates. Excellent growth after peas, early carrots and cabbage. After salads and beets, the seeds of spinach are best not sow - no harvest, no good for the land will not. Before sowing seeds soak for a day or two, then I let it dry out and sow to a depth of 2-3 cm.

During the growth period I try to loosen the soil more often, water and thin out the beds. To slow down the aging, from 8 pm to 8 in the morning I cover the landing with a shield with a stretched black film. Harvest the harvest in the early morning. Plants completely pull out of the soil, when they have formed 6-8 leaflets. I eat greens on the day of collection, the rest I freeze.
    Natalia DORONINA, city of Kaluga

5. Albina Viktorovna Doronina, the city of Smolensk

Spinach should be grown by every gardener in his country house. It is healthy and very tasty. I sow it early - for seedlings. I never sow immediately into the ground. The seeds are large, planting them easily. Seu April 20. By the first week of May, he will be ready for landing in open ground.
    Now about the method itself. Need toilet paper. Fold it in two layers - the tape should be 1,5 m long. Cook the starch paste in advance. Cool it down.

Now grease the tape with a paste and spread the seeds over it at a distance of 0,5 cm. You can use tweezers. Then fold the tape and wrap it with film. Water. Spinach emerges very thickly. When planting, simply unfold the ribbon and collect the grown plants. The roots of them will be clean.

Vera Nikolaevna Alefanova, Malaya Viter, Novgorod Region.

6. Eugenia Serpukhova, Samara

It is not necessary to remember what to plant. It is enough not to grow a particular plant in the same place for several years in a row, but you also need to pay attention to its pests and diseases and do not plant this plant with crops exposed to the same plagues.
    Take, for example, the most harmless plant - spinach. I call it harmless, because it gets along with many vegetable crops. Spinach is an excellent neighbor for all types of cabbage, for daikon, potatoes, onions, cucumbers, radishes, turnips and tomatoes. And all because diseases and pests are different.

With spinach, on the contrary, spinach is not friendly. Neither next to nor after it, I do not grow this greens, since both cultures are vulnerable to attack by miners and beet flies.
    The rest of the vegetables can easily be planted in the garden where spinach grew, but provided that he did not suffer from putrefactive diseases of the leaves and roots.

7. Alla ZINOVYEVA, the city of Smolensk

In the open ground, I sow the spinach in April, at 4-5 °. Seeds soak for 2 days in warm water, and then sow in the furrows depth 2-3 cm.

Spinach loves moisture, with insufficient watering, especially in the heat, it grows poorly and quickly goes into the arrow. Therefore, if you have to often leave the dacha in the city, I advise you to form an earthen edge along the perimeter of the bed and to cover up the planting so that moisture remains at the roots of the plant. During growth, spinach is not fed, as chemistry accumulates in the leaves, and organic deteriorates the taste.

8. G. Smirnova Moscow Region.

It doesn’t work to grow spinach. Gives a couple of leaves - and immediately goes into bloom. What is the reason for this?

Spinach is a short daylight plant. One of the most common causes of early shootings of plants is water shortage or high (above 22-25 °) temperature. In recent years, such a spring is not uncommon. It does not tolerate spinach and thickened planting: it is best to leave 20 cm between rows and 10 cm between plants.
      Sow it, of course, more often, but the extra bushes, as necessary, are pulled out with roots and used for food.

Sometimes spinach is advised to grow as a conveyor crop. But you need to consider that only plants sown in early spring and autumn form good foliage. However, this culture is very cold-resistant. In particular, the seeds begin to germinate at a temperature of 3-4, and seedlings and young plants withstand short-term temperature drops to minus 7-9. So spinach is quite suitable for winter sowing with dry seeds. The main thing here is to complete the sowing before the soil freezes. V. GUSEVA

9. Family TATARNIKOVYH, Pskov

From year to year we planted the same spinach variety, which once fell under our arm and seemed to like it. Meanwhile, there are many varieties of this plant, including those that are very well adapted to the conditions of the Central band. So we began to experiment and that's what conclusions came to.
    A very good crop yields a variety of Stoic. He early ripening. The period from sowing to maturation is only 20 days. We sow it in the 1-th decade of May, not earlier, for fear of night frosts. By the end of May we harvest the first harvest.
    Spinach with the name Virofle and the Ispolinsky variety, characterized by large leaves up to 50 cm wide, are also ripe. Among the mid-ripening varieties, Strong spinach is very good. Its main feature is high frost resistance. Well, from late-ripening with a ripening period of up to 65 days, I can recommend Spokane spinach. This is a Dutch selection, adapted to our climatic conditions, with round leaves that are good both fresh and in winter harvests.
    It is impossible not to mention one giant variety of spinach that we were not able to grow, it turned out to be very tender, it is New Zealand spinach. He drew us a meter high and triangular leaflets. But, unfortunately, loves the sun and plentiful watering. If the second can somehow be observed, then the first in our climate is problematic.

10. G. NESTERENKO Bryanskaya obl.

I want to talk about my experience growing spinach. Since earlier business with him did not have, allocated him a better bed, well-lit, high. Seeds sowed in mid-May. Soon noticed that the plants are uncomfortable: the leaves began to wrinkle, apparently, they lacked water. We must save, otherwise they will go to bloom! I placed it above the bed of the arc, tightened it with black non-woven fabric from above and from the south. At the bottom left fumes 20-30 cm, so that the bed is well blown. Spinach was born to glory!

11. Jury

I will share my tips for growing spinach .... Maybe beginners come in handy ...

Spinach builds up a grocery outlet a few weeks after sowing. As it quickly grows out, and in cut form, the greens are not stored for long, then several rows should be sown every week. Plants from which the leaves are cut are usually removed.
    Like all fast-growing green cultures, spinach is very demanding for soil fertility and moisture. Fresh organic matter is not applied to it, since it worsens the taste of the leaves. Usually, in autumn, the land is filled with humus and complex mineral fertilizer, and in the spring a little superphosphate and potassium chloride are added.
    Regular waterings and loosening of rows are mandatory. If the soil at least once dried, the leaves will grow stiff and bitter. A week after emergence of shoots, spinach should be fed with manure-herbal infusion or a solution of nitrogen fertilizer.
    At first glance, spinach is a very unpretentious culture. It does not require growing through seedlings, cultivating the beds "down" to great depths, a complex feeding system, and a special temperature regime. But there is one snag. Only young leaves of the basal rosette have market value, and the plant strives to quickly throw away the flower arrow and become rougher. The task of the gardener is to create conditions for the growth of lush leaves and to postpone the moment of flowering.
    Especially soon spinach blooms with a long daylight and hot, dry weather, which is why it is difficult to grow it in the summer. Fortunately, this greens are cold-resistant, seeds germinate at a temperature of 4 °, it easily tolerates frosts of -6 °, so spinach can be grown from April to June and the second wave - from August to frost.
    In order to obtain the earliest production, the podzimni sowing is advisable when the seeds are sown in pre-prepared grooves to the frozen earth and sprinkled with peat. In regions with warm winters (frost no lower than -12 °), it is possible to leave the shoots of autumn sowing to winter in the bed. Young rosettes usually tolerate winter well and grow in early spring.
    North of the spinach can be sown on the beds, which in the early summer will take heat-loving crops: tomatoes, zucchini, pepper. From mid-April to early June, you can have time to remove 1-2 yield of vitamin leaves. Spinach is also used as a sealant between sprouts of cabbage and tomatoes, by the time of growth of the main crop it will already be harvested.
    Spinach also grows well in greenhouses. With heating and lighting at 3-4 h. It can be grown all year round. In unheated greenhouses under mildly cold weather, it will grow from the end of March, yielding before the first radish.

Garden Spinach - an annual plant of the family of amaranth, or haze.
    From other garden crops to this family are all kinds of beets, chard, vegetable amaranth, as well as numerous sheep: quinoa, white white, bedstraw, tenacious, shirits, kurai. Weeds should be eliminated if you plan to get your own spinach seeds, as these plants can be dusted and the varietal properties of the crop will be lost.
    Accordingly, spinach and beets cannot be planted after each other. The best predecessors of spinach on rich soils are onions, cabbage; on the poor - cucumbers, pumpkin, nightshade, under which in the previous year a lot of organic fertilizers were applied.
    Fortunately, pests do not bother spinach too much. In wet weather, snails and slugs can become a problem. Since spinach is a relative of beets, they have common pests: beet fly, scoop caterpillars, mining fly. To combat them, you can use infusions of garlic, tomato tops. It is necessary to get rid of haze weeds, which can also become a breeding ground for pests.
    But too active use of fertilizers and protective chemicals is dangerous, as spinach accumulates in the leaves nitrates and pesticides.

13. Roman GOVOROV, city of Saratov

Despite the extreme demand for spinach in Europe, this vegetable is not very common in our country. Perhaps, because it does not fit well into our culinary traditions. Hot dishes are mostly made from cabbage and starchy vegetables, and leafy greens are used in salads. Spinach fresh is quite fresh, with slightly roughened leaves. You can not eat it much.
    In France, Italy, England and other countries, hot dishes are prepared from spinach: casseroles, omelets, soups. Spinach puree is one of the most common side dishes for fish. But to prepare a serving of mashed potatoes, greens need a lot, since during cooking it decreases in volume by several times. You won’t do with a small bunch. And if you regularly include spinach dishes in your diet, then every day a whole basket of fresh green leaves should come into the kitchen. It is fresh, since spinach is stored for a short time, quickly withers and loses useful properties. To grow so much, several large beds will have to be allocated for this culture in the garden.

14. Tatiana OBUKHOVA, Tula

Spinach from under the snow
    I always sow spinach for the winter. Firstly, this culture develops better with a short daylight - the leaves become stronger, juicier, and the plant does not shoot. And secondly, when winter crops are sown, the seeds get more moisture, the plants sprout faster and begin to develop earlier, i.e. and the crop can be obtained a couple of weeks earlier.
    The best variety of spinach, suitable for autumn crops, in my opinion, is Victoria. I must sow it in fertile fertile soil with good drainage, on a high bed, which quickly warms up in the spring. So that the seeds do not sprout ahead of time, I do not rush to sowing, I usually do this in mid-October.
    Sow the seeds to a depth of 1-2 cm, then sprinkle with loose earth. For 1 square. m it takes me no more than 10 g of seeds. Since spinach is a frost-resistant plant, the crops tolerate mild snowy winters without shelter. It is enough to mulch them. But if crackling frosts are typical for your region, the bed should be covered with a spruce top. It is especially important to provide shelter if there is little snow.

15. Natalia KALGINA

In late August - early September, I certainly sow spinach seeds on a free bed in a greenhouse - a true lover of coolness (grows well at + 15 ... + 19 degrees) and short daylight hours, it is not in vain that in summer it is sometimes shaded. In autumn, you just need to water it and loosen the soil - and after 40-50 days the spinach is ready to harvest!
    Last year, for the first time, it sowed here the seeds of Chinese cabbage (pak choi), which does not form a head of cabbage, but a rosette of leaves on fleshy petioles. It grew beautifully in the fall, because just the heat (the ideal temperature is + 14 ... + 17 degrees) and the long daylight hours (it is indicated by arrows) are contraindicated for it. Harvest pak choi is ready in 40-60 days (depending on variety).

Spinach refers to early ripening vegetables. From shoots to the beginning of cutting takes about a month, which is why it can be safely sown in late August - early September. Tip: to make sprouts faster, on the eve of sowing for a day, soak the seeds in water and then lightly dry. The plant is not afraid of early frosts and well tolerates a short-term temperature drop down to -6 ° C. By the way, it is believed that autumn spinach is more crunchy and juicy than spring.
    In addition, thanks to the cool weather, it gives the maximum harvest of vitamin greens. Well, if you cut off only the outer leaves, leaving the rosettes themselves, under a small shelter the plants will winter in the garden and give a new crop in the early spring.

17. Olga Loboda, with. Malaya Serdoba, the Penza region.

A special role among the greens on my site is assigned to spinach, which I began to grow, learning about its wonderful properties. In addition, this culture, even here, in the Middle lane, can be planted several times during the summer - from early spring to late autumn, as it can tolerate even small frosts.
    Spinach does not require special attention. He is one-year-old and belongs to early maturing plants. So I plant it as soon as the snow comes down and the ground dries. I make small grooves, sow seeds (dry ones) in them, sprinkle with earth and cover with film. Literally in a couple of weeks you can already collect and eat the first greens. When I get the first harvest, I repeat the sowing, and so several times during the summer. You can plant spinach and under the winter, but I do not, as sometimes he spits out at such sowing.
    And now a few words about his healing properties, because of which I so much and often plant it. Spinach is called a "broom", as it normalizes digestion. And it also has a beneficial effect on the condition of teeth, skin and hair. But there is spinach necessary only when it is fresh and not overgrown.
    If you did not manage to grow spinach the first time and you decided to buy it, then be sure to pay attention to its leaves. If they are lethargic, light color, soft, then it is better not to take this spinach, since it will not benefit from it.

18. Valentina BROVA. Stavropol region

I collect the seeds of spinach myself. Since this is a dioecious culture, only male flowers with stamens develop on some plants, and only females with pestles develop on others. Attacks as it is also a wind-pollinated plant, during flowering I periodically shake the peduncles. After tying the seeds of male plants for unnecessary delete.
    Seeds, depending on the variety, mature within 90-100 days after sowing. I remove them, as soon as the lower part of the stamens become brown, by this time the rosette of the leaves turns yellow. Seeds threshed and dried in the shade, scattering a thin layer.

19. Victoria G. GALAI

Spinach - Vegetable Aristocrat
    For a long time spinach, as well as asparagus and artichokes, was considered a vegetable only for gentlemen. Although I am of simple origin, I have grown this "aristocratic" greenery for several years now and am very pleased.
    I really like that spinach is a precocious crop: less than a month passes from the time of sowing to harvesting the leaves. This makes it possible to get 3-4 crops during the summer. In the summer, I sow spinach every two weeks. The distance between rows is -15, between plants - 5-6, and after thinning
    leave 10 see. In dry and hot weather, spinach is abundantly watered.
    In the food in our family, young leaves are used before the birth of peduncles. They contain a large number of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, proteins and other nutrients.

20. Alexandra ZAGNEEVA, Pskov

Spring is spinach time
    Spinach is an excellent choice of supporters of vitamin and low-calorie foods. It is unpretentious, growing it is no more difficult than salad.
    From mid-March to the end of May, summer varieties are sown, in August and September - winter varieties. A temperature of at least 4 ° is needed to hatch the seeds, and 15 ° is optimal for spinach growth.
    Under spinach choose soil rich in humus. It grows well in the sun and in partial shade. After sowing, they regularly moisten and loosen the soil. Cultivating the land around plants is also a preventative measure against pests such as flies, caterpillars, and teddy bears: their laying is destroyed during weeding and cultivation. In summer, in dry weather, spinach is abundantly watered. Leaves are cut gradually so that the crop is constant.
    There are quite a few varieties of spinach, but for myself I distinguish among the early ripe - Ispolinsky and Godri, and among the late ripe - Korenta and Victoria.

21. Valentina BROVA, Stavropol Territory

Some
    spinach yields
    Spinach seeds are sown in several terms. The earliest is obtained with podzimnih crops (in November before the onset of stable frosts). But more productive is spinach, sown in early spring and late July - early August. To obtain amicable seedlings, soak seeds for 1 -2 days in warm water and after drying to flowability. I sow in spilled grooves with an aligned bottom to a depth of 2-3 cm. Care: thinning of shoots in the phase of two real leaves, watering, weeding and loosening of row spacing. Cut the spinach in the phase of the rosette of 5-8 leaves (always before the appearance of the flower arrows). Since the leaves quickly deteriorate, eat them on the day of collection or keep in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for no more than two days.

22. Ludmila LADATKO. Moscow

WEAR SPIN
    Spinach for spinach I fill with compost or humus.

In the second half of April, the strait of the groove with the solution of Fi-tosporin with the addition of Baikal EM-1, lay out the seeds of spinach (varieties Matador, Victoria) at a distance of 8-10 cm (so as not to thin out later), I sprinkle and cover the garden with lutrasilum. When shoots reach 5 cm, I remove the shelter.

The first leaflets (when they are at least 5 in the socket) are torn already after 10-15 days. If I do not eat them on the same day, I store 4-5 days in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. And for the winter I freeze the chopped spinach leaves mixed with sorrel.
    After a massive collection of leaves, spinach is fed with a solution of chicken manure (1: 30) or mullein (1: 20).

23. Marina IVANOVA, city of Saratov

Spinach in a pot

I have neither a summer house nor a garden plot. But there is a great wide south windowsill. This is my source of live vitamins - in particular, the vitamins found in my favorite spinach. Light is very important to spinach, there is no light - there will be no greenery. And in winter it is not enough in our latitudes. Therefore, you have to highlight pots with plants - in the winter I turn on the lamp after 16:00 for 5 hours, and when it is cloudy outside the window - for the whole day.

I grow spinach in ordinary ceramic pots. I lay a layer of broken brick 2 cm thick at the bottom. A neighbor from the dacha, already prepared, mixed with humus, brought me land. For disinfection, half an hour roasted the soil in the oven at 200 °. Seeds before planting stand for XNUMX hours in a damp linen cloth.

Then I sow the seeds in the grooves, water and cover the pot with glass - it turns out a mi-no-greenhouse. A week later, when the first seedlings appear, I dive, I plant the strongest seedlings from the mother’s pot for permanent residence. At this point, it is very important not to damage the delicate roots. Spinach loves moisture no less than the sun. Therefore, in addition to frequent watering, you should periodically arrange for him a warm shower from the spray gun. When the spinach grows to 8-9 cm, you can harvest. Tearing delicate leaves can be 2-3 months, until the plant throws the first flower arrow. After that, it must be removed with the root, fertilize the soil and sow new seeds.

24. Vera APPASOVA, Serpukhov

Strawberry spinach - great for summer cottage!

The price of strawberry spinach seeds is quite high. I bought them only once and now I harvest the planting material myself.
    It all began with the cultivation of seedlings in late March. I sowed dry seeds in a shallow container with a moist, crumbly soil, sprinkled them with soil. In the initial stages of growth, strawberry spinach is small, so it did not dive, but brought the container to the dacha and planted the seedlings in the middle of May on the garden.
    Subsequently, spinach grows well, therefore, placed the plants according to the scheme 40 × 40 cm, pritenil. They quickly took root and soon began to actively grow. Young leaflets
    I added to salads - such greens are very useful.
    When the fleshy copulation, similar to berries, formed and blushed, I tried them. But at this stage they were still not tasteless. But when they matured properly, they became juicy and soft, I made kvass from them, compote. With the same fruits collected seeds. For this, a few of the largest coots were lightly sunk, flooded the water for 5 days. When she was sour, she wiped the seeds through a fine sieve, washed them, dried them on a towel. Then she folded it into a paper bag and put it away for storage. Now I grow strawberry spinach only from my seeds.

25. Galina Tronina. Orekhovo-Zuyevo

Decorative spinach
    Many of my friends are very surprised when I go to my gazebo framed by the baseball, tear it and chew its leaves. Yes, yes, this plant, called even Malabar spinach, is not only decorative, but also edible!
    Over the summer, the basella grows so that it manages to completely cover my 3-meter gazebo with foliage. This annual winding plant I begin to grow every year by sowing seeds in boxes. I soak the seeds for 35 hours in warm water, then sow them in universal soil. Since basella loves moisture, I water it daily - first I spray the soil, then, when seedlings appear, I water it under the root. I do not rush to plant seedlings in open ground, because Malabar spinach does not tolerate frosts. I plant it in mid-May around the gazebo, maintaining a distance of XNUMX cm between plants. With the dangers of cold nights, I cover with non-woven material. Once the basella is rooted, it is enough to water it and sometimes adjust the direction of growth.

26. Anna

garden spinach - a cold-resistant crop of a short growing season.
    Before persistent frosts (the first decade of November - December), winter sowing is carried out with dry spinach seeds in beds prepared in October. Sow also on frozen soil, sprinkling seeds with peat / humus. During autumn sowing before cold weather, spinach forms rosette of leaves, successfully wintering under cover (spruce branches, tops of vegetables, fallen leaves), without which it freezes in a snowless winter. It tolerates frosts down to -6С even in the state of cotyledons. Sowing is done in 3-4 rows at a distance of 4-20 cm from each other with row spacings of 10-50 cm, seeding depth - 1,5-2 cm, the average seed rate of 4-10 g / sq. m

27. Ivan PROKOPENKO, Rossosh

Spinach for cheerfulness
    г
    For a long time I was convinced of the curative properties of spinach and therefore I annually allocate a groove for it.
    This crop is in autumn or early in the spring. I put it on
    well organic fertilized areas. A few days before sowing, I wrap the seeds in wet gauze, and a few hours before planting, I dry them. I sow them in furrows with a depth of 3 cm, do row spacings of 20 cm. For 1 square. I spend about 6 g of seeds. Sowing I spend several visits at weekly intervals to use fresh greens longer. Thinning seedlings so that between them was 8-9 cm. I start harvesting after 6-7 leaves appear on the plants. Most often I use spinach fresh. The wife makes such a salad: cut 250 g of spinach, add dill, mint, onion, pour oil and lemon juice. This dish is a storehouse of vitamins!

28. Sergey BELYAKOV, Kursk

When to sow spinach?
    Spinach is a precocious plant, the greens of which can be obtained by conveyor from spring to autumn. To do this, it needs to be sowed every 2-3 weeks, since after cutting the green mass, it grows again quite a long time.
    But the earliest, and therefore the most valuable batch of greenery grows on overwintered bushes. Therefore, it is best to sow spinach in late August - early September. Potato and cabbage are ideal precursors for the plant, so you can use the freed up area from under early varieties. Before planting, a small amount of organic fertilizers (completely rotted manure, compost) must be applied to the ground and the soil must be thoroughly loosened.
    Seeds of spinach have a hard shell, so before sowing it is desirable to soak in water for a day, and then sow to a depth of 2-3, see Shoots appear approximately in 1,5-2 weeks after sowing. To grow a tender green, the distance between the bush should be quite large, about 20 cm, so shoots must be thinned out.
    At the beginning of frosts, a rosette of leaves with a strong root system is formed. Spinach does not require a special shelter for the winter. It is important only that the garden does not stagnate, otherwise the shoots will become wet. In spring, the wintering rosettes will go together in a friendly manner, and by the end of May they will be able to harvest.

29. Olga

Horticultural experience at me while small, but some successes in agriculture have already achieved. I just do not know how to grow spinach properly, and what care it takes. Heard, for example, that he needs a copious full, otherwise because of a lack of moisture, he can go into the arrows, and that autumn spinach is supposedly tastier than summer. Is it so? I will be grateful for any response.

30. Dmitry KURILENKO, Dnepropetrovsk region

When I harvest early crops (radishes, lettuce), I always sow spinach in rows in a vacant place, a real storehouse of vitamins.
    The site for spinach I choose sunny, but I can plant a crop and in a few shady places. If spring fertilized this territory organic, when planting spinach, it does not contribute.
    I never feed the culture with nitrogen mineral fertilizers - the plant accumulates nitrates (salts of nitric acid). But often I water the planting - spinach is very fond of moisture. Some time after watering, I definitely loosen the beds. I usually get tasty greens in 3-4 weeks.

31. Valeriy76

I want to ask experienced summer residents how to deal with beetles on a sorrel. These insects look attractive - shiny such slender. But to what extent they are malicious: only streaks of sorrel left.
    A neighbor shared with me the recipe of one solution, but it consists almost entirely of chemical preparations alone, I do not like to use them. Maybe there is some environmentally friendly remedy for this beetle?