How to make a table for growing seedlings in the country with their own hands
The desktop for working with seedlings is a classic “one weekend” project: on Friday evening you can buy material, build and paint boxes on Saturday and Sunday. The dimensions of the table are selected exactly according to the size of the bags with soil. If you don’t have much seedlings, you can grow it directly in bags without messing your hands. Or engage in the distillation of green crops to pamper the family with early vitamins. Potted gardening has many advantages.
In polyethylene bags, the soil retains moisture longer than in clay pots, from which water evaporates through the porous walls, and where much more ground is open to air. Therefore, plants in bags can be watered less often. In addition, you do not have to emptying and washing pots at the end of the season, it will be enough to take the soil right in the bags.
Boxes designed to the size of bags with soil are very convenient: they can easily be rearranged, stacked or combined.
We will show some examples of how to do this. In the photo on the right, from top to bottom: two simple boxes that are compactly stacked on top of each other for storage; a pallet table with a shelf and a mobile working surface, designed for two stacked bags; a pallet table with an additional drawer installed on it; Box with a support for climbing plants, for example for tomatoes.
Details of this desktop can be used both together and separately. Its possibilities are unlimited!
Reference by topic: Seed time
Homemade seedling table - to cut, assemble and ready
The design of all drawers and the table is the same: four boards with a smooth edge are screwed and glued to the corner posts, forming a frame. On the inner side of both longitudinal walls are screwed the slats, on which the bottom strips rest without fastening. The corner posts serve as legs for the drawer, lifting it slightly above the bottom. They are not completely flush with the upper edge of the frame, so the boxes are stacked on top of each other for storage.
At the box with a support for climbing plants, both rear corner posts are extended upwards and connected by a bridge. Stability of the table is attached to the screwed lower shelves and side crossbars. Two pads inside the frame of the table serve as a support for one of the narrow beds.
To make a table for seedlings, you will need:
- Planks with a smooth edge 12 x 1,8 cm for frames
- Planks with a smooth edge 4,5 x 1,8 cm for the shelf
- Bar 3,5 x 3,5 cm for corner posts
- Non-grooved sheet pile boards 3,5 x 1,7 cm for the bottom
- Reach 2 x 1,5 cm for supports
- Crossbar support for climbing plants
Reference by topic: Growing seedlings are fascinating
Table for seedling yourself - photo and work progress
- The boards and slats for the frame must be sawed strictly at right angles. Easier and most accurate, this can be done with the help of a miter saw.
- For frames, corner posts and shelves, boards with a smooth edge are used, slats and timber - smoothly sanded. Only the edge and places of cuts will have to be polished. Non-planed tongue-and-groove boards are suitable for the bottom of the beds.
- Supporting rails for the bottom of the boxes are screwed from the inside to the frame flush with the bottom edge using stainless steel screws.
- Screw the boards for the frame and the corner posts, additionally gluing them together. Suitable water-resistant glue for wood (for outdoor works).
- Most types of wood paints that are offered for outdoor use can be applied without pre-priming and mixed with each other. Do not forget to paint over the screw heads!
- Reiki for the shelf should first be painted, and then screwed, otherwise it will be difficult to paint the narrow edges. Spacers help to ensure equal gaps between racks.
Table for growing seedlings - drawing
Make rectangular slits on the top surface of the bags. The size of the holes should be sufficient for growing seedlings and watering the watering can. If you cut the entire surface of the bag, the land can dry out, or, on the contrary, get wet from the water.
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- How and what to choose an electric shovel - choose a saber electro-saw for a garden
- Do-it-yourself seedling table - photos and drawings
- Plodosemnik-FRUITSHIP WITH YOUR HANDS (photo + drawings)
- Miracle shovel and other garden tools for loosening and digging
- Equipment for hydropowing lawn with your hands - photo and design
- Which garden sprayer is best to choose?
- Cordless tools for giving and at home - how to choose the right one and which one to buy
- Planting seeds - devices and methods
- Agriculture by Fokine - briefly and simply about the complex
- What brush cutter to buy at the dacha-choose an automatic brush cutter
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!