1. Olga Mikhailova

I really like pansies. I can't imagine my flowers without them.
    I grow pansies from seeds, and then they are sown themselves. True, over time, self-sowing flowers become smaller, so the viola has to be updated. I plant it always in an open sunny place. I regularly remove faded flowers and seed pods, water in hot weather, then the plants bloom continuously.
    I sow viola seeds in July, when the bed is freed, on which garlic grew (I allocate space there for sowing aquilegia, foxglove, Turkish cloves ...). Young plants bloom in mid-autumn, and go into winter with flowers. And in early spring, buds are already beginning to be released. It remains only to plant the pansies in the right places.
    These "big-eyed" flowers look great in a carpet planting, perfectly cover the soil under tall ankle plants, and feel good in containers.

Pansies (photo): planting and growing

2. Lada Orlova, p. Kapyrevshchina, Smolensk region

PANIES CAN BEWELL ANYONE

Only in order to achieve this love spell, one must go through such difficulties that not everyone can do. Although growing them is not very difficult.
    Pansies, or viola, are a thermophilic flower, it is necessary that the earth be well warmed up before planting. However, under the sultry rays of the sun, they can die. They also do not tolerate moisture stagnation. Therefore, the soil needs to be loosened, moistened in a drought, fertilized. The acidity level of the soil should be neutral.
    Many people sow the seeds directly into the soil, but if you want the "pansies" to bloom early, then it is better to plant them in seedlings after the threat of frost.
    Seedlings are planted at a distance of 5 cm from each other and 10 cm between rows. A week later I feed it with ammonium nitrate - it promotes healthy growth of stems and leaves, makes flowering longer.
    These flowers are good in containers and pots.

3. Maria IZOTOVA, Belgorod

Pansies: Seedlings are easy to grow!

A friend complained that she could not grow a viola (pansies). And the secrets are simple.
    I sow seeds for seedlings in February-early March in plastic bowls with loose soil from soddy soil, peat, humus and sand (in equal parts), on which I put snow in a thin layer. The seeds are small, and on a white background they are clearly visible, so they can be more evenly distributed over the surface. When the snow melts, it will pull the seeds to the required depth.

I cover the container with crops with a bag and put it in a warm (+ 20 ... + 25 degrees) dark place. Twice a day I air the crops and wipe the condensate on the bag. After 7-10 days, when shoots appear, I transfer the container to the windowsill and increase the ventilation time. And a week later I completely remove the shelter and spend the first top dressing with complex fertilizer (Ke-mira Lux, Agricola). Then I feed every 7-10 days.
    Viola seedlings love coolness, so the optimum temperature on the windowsill is + 12 ... + 17 degrees. The soil in the container should be slightly damp.
    I dive seedlings in the phase of one or two true leaves in a container with a diameter of 6-7 cm, pinch in the phase of two or three pairs of true leaves. I plant in open ground in mid-May, when the threat of night frost has passed.

4. Natalia KARKACHEVA, Krasnodar Territory.

Pansies from the handle
    Every year I buy Wittrock viola seeds so that at the end of January they can be sown for seedlings. The second wave is sowing seeds in open ground in early July - these flowers will open their "eyes" next year. And I propagate plants with cuttings (all varietal characters are preserved).
    In spring, as soon as warm sunny days are set, in the penumbra I prepare a bed with loose fertile soil. I cut the cuttings with two or three knots from the favorite indoor bushes in pots, plant them shallowly, but press them tightly with soil and cover each stem with a cut-out plastic bottle (I open it for a few minutes daily for ventilation). The soil should be moist, but not zealous with watering. Within a month, cuttings take root and bloom in the same year.

HEMUTISE PANTS OF THE HEMALIS VARIETY GROUP IS ESPECIALLY WINTER RESISTANT. THEY CAN GO AWAY WITH FLOWERING EVEN UNDER THE SNOW AND WHICH IS AMAZING. IMMEDIATELY BLINK IN THE NEW SEASON, AS ONLY ONE BEGINS TO HEAT THE SUN.

5. Irina OGARKOVA, Syktyvkar

My balcony is located on the north side of the house. The sun rarely looks here. But all the same I manage to decorate it with flowers in the summer. True, the choice is not too great, and the blooming is not as abundant as we would like. But the shade also has its advantages: the flowers in the boxes do not burn the midday heat, and the earth does not dry up so quickly in the heat.
    From the pilots I plant in the balcony boxes viola (pansies), balsamins, petunia. I prepare seedlings at home, starting in February. Then, by the onset of heat, I already have plants ready to bloom soon after the transplant. Balsamines are delicate plants with fragile stems, so I place them in the depths of the balcony to protect them from the wind. Petunias are more patient, they grow well in boxes near the balcony railing. Between bright flowers I plant silver cineraria, it is good because it does not lose its decorative effect after frosts and even the first snowfall.
    And in a separate box I grow lilies of the valley. These perennials rhizomes do not lie too deep, so they lack the volume of a standard balcony box for flowers.

In early July, sow seeds of pansies, daisies, primroses, aquilegia and carnations, which will please their blooming in the next year, Nadezhda SHEVKUNOVA. Kirov region