Planting bulbs in baskets
Gluttonous voles are a real disaster in the garden, because they with great pleasure eat the bulbs of plants, especially tulips. You can protect your green wards by planting them in baskets of fine-mesh, which, incidentally, is not so difficult to do yourself.
Basket for planting bulbs with their own hands
1. To make a basket, you will need a metal mesh with 12 × 12 mm cells.
Using 2 pliers, cut a square with sides of length 44 cm.
Now, stepping back from the edges of the square to 13 cm, 3 make 4 notch from opposite sides, as in the picture below on page 58 (indicated by dotted line). 4 The slots are 10 in length.
5. Cut off the protruding ends of the wire in place of the notches. 6 Now the shape for the basket is completely ready and you can bend the edges.
For this, 7 press down the bottom of the future capacity with your hand and bend up two short sides at an angle of 90. So do with the long side walls. The protruding edges are bent to the short sides.
8. Cut off the 4 short piece of wire.
9. With this wire at the bottom and at the top, fasten the curved edges of the long ones to the short walls. It is most convenient to do without gloves.
10. The basket is completely ready. It will fit perfectly 9 bulbs of tulips.
11. On a sunny spot, excavate the pit. 12 Its depth should be equal to the height of the craft.
13. At the bottom of the basket, it is desirable to pour a layer of sand 2-3 cm thick - it is necessary so that water does not stagnate, since tulip bulbs are sensitive to waterlogging and easily rot. In addition, such a layer will prevent the voles from biting the bulbs from below through the net.
14. Now distribute the bulbs on a sand cushion at a distance of 5 cm from each other and slightly press so that they do not lie on one side when you pour the ground.
15. Then fill all the ground and 16 slightly tread. Tip: if the soil is completely dry, pour the planting. And do not forget to mark the place where you planted the tulips in order to accidentally dump them when planting other plants in the flower garden.
See also: Bulbous: autumn and planting
Planting bulbs in baskets - photo
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Care for gladioli during and after flowering
- Flowers and compositions of them for balcony boxes. Minutunium
- Argirantemum (photo) cultivation, planting and care
- Fuchsia (photo) planting and care, cultivation and reproduction
- Vasilistnik (photo) - planting and care, varieties and species
- Carnations (photos) types of planting and care
- Princes (photo) planting and care, pruning and reproduction
- Cultivation of host-planting and care, breeding of variety and varieties
- Cyanosis blue (photo) planting and care
- Nymphaeum Rene Gerard - planting and care of a water lily
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!