13 comments

1. A.Eremenko

Tell me, what happened to the pepper? The leaves gradually dry out, starting from the edge. For the first time the disease was noted on peppers still in the apartment, and when moving to the greenhouse the process accelerated and spread to more plants ...

Judging by the symptoms, it is a sunburn; sweet pepper. Symptoms of this non-infectious disease are often manifested in the appearance of lightened areas of leaf tissue or fruits on the sunny side. The reason is excessive lighting, for example, after removing a significant part of the leaves (this brightens the bush, and as a result, there may be burns on leaves and fruits previously in the shade).

Consequently, the main protective measures are the installation of sunscreens and do not remove a significant number of leaves at a time.
      I. KORSAK

2. Valentina Vasilievna

The seedlings of pepper were grown by herself, everything was fine with her. Planted in a greenhouse, the plants began to grow rapidly. Once I went into the greenhouse and saw that the bushes drooped - as if someone had cut off the tops with scissors. After that the peppers to develop ceased. In place of "cropped" began to grow deformed shoots. What happened to my plants?

Similar symptoms are typical for viral outgrowth. The reason is the virus that the aphids carry, a spider mite and other pests. Infected insects with saliva transmit the virus to a healthy plant. As a result, it does not die, but leaves start to deform, from-melt, a large number of new shoots are formed.

Fruiting such shrubs will no longer be.
      By the way, the source of infection can be seeds. In the early stages of development, diseased seedlings may not be very different from healthy seedlings, but in the course of time the signs begin to manifest themselves more and more. Fight this problem only by removing all affected plants. Also you need to try to get rid of pests, so that they do not transfer the virus to even healthy bushes.

3. Larisa CHASHKINA, Kostroma

I bought seeds of peppers last spring - on the packaging it was written that they would grow large, fleshy, juicy. What happened? The fruits grew rather large, but not at all fleshy, with thin walls. What motivates the cause?

• anonym

Buying good seeds and quality planting material, each gardener has the right to hope for a high yield. But not always the expectations of gardeners are justified - if the plants do not receive sufficient nutrition, the fruits grow small, fibrous, with thin walls. Pepper feeding is carried out at least twice a season, provided that the soil is rich in organic and mineral substances.

The first application of fertilizers is carried out during flowering, the second - when tying fruit, and tall varieties of peppers need fertilizing more often, every 2-3 weeks. Subcortex is produced by alternating organic fertilizers with mineral fertilizers.
      If the fruit is poorly poured, to improve the fleshiness, you can spend foliar feeding - in S l water dissolve 1 tsp. superphosphate, let it brew for 24 hours and with this solution spray plants in the evening or in cloudy weather.

4. Anna FEDOROVA, Lipetsk

When the pepper does not bloom

There are years when Bulgarian pepper refuses to bloom after planting in the greenhouse. Now, learned from experience, I know what to do!
    Planted seedlings, when day and night temperatures are more or less compared. At night must be not lower than 12 °.
    I plant seedlings in that part of the greenhouse where the sun shines most of the day. The shadow is the enemy of flowering.
    If the plants do not bloom or fall off the ovary, I often ventilate the greenhouse. It is especially important to do this in the heat.

I pour with warm water.
    I feed peppers with fertilizers on liquid manure.
    Pepper does not bloom as well, if it's sick, so I inspect the plants. If necessary, I treat with appropriate preparations. If after two treatments the peppers do not recover, remove them, disinfect the soil and plant new seedlings. Then I get a good harvest.

5. Lyudmila MOISEEVA, Omsk

Half of our site is in the lowland, and the groundwater is very close. In order not to remain without harvest, every year we gradually raise the soil - pour the earth, sand. And still do high beds, according to 40-45 cm, laying in the base of gravel. It is these drainage beds that helped us this year to get a good harvest of pepper, despite one emergency.
    Last summer, the neighbors broke the pipe, and all the water rushed to us. The beds located in the lowlands literally drowned, and I was already mentally saying goodbye to the pepper, which had just begun to tie fruit. But my husband did not intend to give up. He quickly dug deep trenches and connected the pump. I was told in all the beds to make "punctures" with a bayonet shovel and dig through small grooves for water drainage.
    Around each plant, I did an 4 shallow "puncture." And when the water went off a little, gently loosened the soil, without touching the root system. Then poured over a handful of sand into each hole. I tried to loosen as often as possible, so that the water evaporates faster and so that a crust does not form on the surface of the soil.
    The water went off quickly enough - for 2 days. After that, I spent an extraordinary fertilizing with nitrogen fertilizer. Result: the peppers are saved, not a single plant has died!
    Later I learned that high beds are good for peppers, strawberries, onions and garlic. On such a "pedestal" they give the maximum harvest and do not suffer from rainstorms or similar PE.

6. Alena Ageeva, the town of Pecla

Why rip a sweet pepper, if you can keep it right on the plant? I, waiting for the fruit to ripen, I tear out bushes with roots and I hang them upside down in a cool place.
    So the pepper remains fresh for much longer: up to two or more months.
    In addition, I freeze the pepper in the refrigerator at -18 °. So the fruits are stored without loss of high taste and nutritional qualities during 5-7 months.

7. Margarita MUROMOVA, Kirov

The floor and carbonate greenhouses are, of course, great: tomatoes and peppers in them bear fruit even with the first frost. And from powdery mildew and phytophthora practically do not suffer. But when the heat in the street, you're at work, and go to the garden at least 1,5 h "then the greenhouse can turn into hell hell, which will not survive a single plant.
    Not for one year my hothouse peppers persistently grew ugly and thin-walled. I thought it was because of the heat, so I tried - I watered them 3 times a week! But instead of rejoicing in moisture, capricious plants began to rot and discard the leaves.
    Later I was told that peppers do not like frequent copious irrigation, pre-
    reading them daily moderate spraying of soil and foliage. It is necessary to water them more only when they form buds on the next tier of flowering. That is, not only did my peppers suffer from overheating, they also had to endure waterlogging. Under such conditions, the pollen of peppers quickly died, their flowers either did not pollinate at all, or if pollination occurred, the fruits grew ugly and thin-walled.
    Crimson peppers grow and with a sharp temperature drop. That is, if the day is hot, and at night the cold and rain, and the doors of the greenhouse are still open, then a good harvest of peppers can not wait.

8. Svetlana Serebryakova, Klin

I do not grow bitter pepper in the cottage, it's only sweet, so I practically did not check whether it's true that bitter pepper dusts sweet and sweet begins to be bitter. But as far as I remember school botany, this can not be. That is, bitter pepper, of course, can pollute sweet, but then the DNA of bitter pepper gets only into seeds and can not affect the taste of the fetus in any way. I do not see any possibility for this. That's if these seeds are sown, then you can get a hybrid that will look like sweet, and the taste will be an islet. I even had to buy such in the market - yellow, large, beautiful, and taste - with bitterness. I would like to know the opinion of professional agricultural technicians. If this is the case, then in general it is impossible to grow bitter and sweet peppers in one area?

• anonym

In the practice of vegetable growing there are some prohibitions, which, at first glance, contradict common sense. and science. Here the vegetable growers do not recommend putting the sweet pepper next to the sharp one. They motivate it with that. that the fruits of sweet pepper in the first year will be sharp and even burning. Anyone who has studied biology in school, and especially genetics, will say that this should not happen, and will be wrong. And the matter is in the so-called phenomenon of xenia. When transferring pollen from one plant to another, foreign genes are involved not only in the formation of the embryo, but also in the pericarp. Very good it can be seen in the re-spraying of various varieties of corn. Cobs with a different coloring form grains grow. Pepper refers to facultative self-pollinators, and very often in the south pollen from the plant is transferred to the plant by insects: bumblebees, ants, bees. Pepper is sweet and many varieties of hot pepper cultivated in our country are botanically related to one species and easily interbreed with each other. That's if the hot pepper will be from another species, then there will definitely not be a dusting. For example, there will be planted shrub pepper, called "fire" in the people, and ordinary sweet pepper. And one more detail. An ordinary "white" person is able to feel in the language only a few molecules of the burning substance of capsaicin. and this is very high selectivity. The southern peoples are less susceptible and do not even consider the semi-sharp varieties sharp, treating them to sweet ones. They often practice sucking hot pepper to sweets to make the latter more expressive in flavor and taste. So it happens in life and a miracle, like a bitter sweet pepper.
      BY THE WAY
      Representatives of southern peoples, in contrast, for example, from indigenous Europeans, do not even consider the semi-sharp varieties of peppers to be acute, referring them to sweet. And it is often practiced by sifting hot pepper to sweets to make the latter more expressive in flavor and taste.

9. Elizaveta SKAKUN, city of Kirov

Peppers are very gentle - their root system hardly tolerates transplantation and trans-shipment to the ground. But this can not be avoided, since the way of pepper through seedlings in the northern regions is inevitable.
    The main thing when transplanting - to be extremely accurate, do not damage the thin roots. Before, my seedlings constantly "hurted" after transplantation about 2 weeks. 3 years ago I started growing seedlings not in boxes, but in a newspaper. Sliced ​​the squares 20 × 20 cm, turned in the form of cylinders, filled the soil, installed everything in the same box and sowed peppers. Newspaper paper safely withstands watering for 1,5 month. The main thing is to moisten the soil a little. When it was time to transplant peppers into the ground, I dropped them right in this paper cup. Seedlings survived the transplant very easily.
    Why do not I use peat-and-green pots? Yes, they are more convenient and more stable, but more dense. In the earth they decompose more slowly, especially when there are insufficient watering and low soil fertility. As a result, it can even move the fruiting time.