1. Valentina GRIGORYEVA, city of Saratov

I always plant garlic under the winter so that in the spring I do not get distracted by this culture. But he, contrary to all expectations, grows year by year small, you suffer to be cleaned! I do not know what to do!

• Valentine

To make the heads of garlic grow large, do not spare the time to work with planting material and prepare the land. The future garlic beds should be fertilized with superphosphate (30 g per 1 sq. M.), Humus (4-5 kg) and potassium chloride (20 g), then thoroughly dig. Under the beds it is better to determine the place where zucchini, cucumber, cabbage or beans grew. Choosing winter garlic for planting, follow the truth: "What you sow, you'll reap." Do not be stingy to buy only a large and healthy garlic with a pink or purple skin. These costs will necessarily pay off! The day before planting, divide the heads into teeth and soak in salt water: 0,3 st. l. salt on 1 l of water. Plant garlic so that the plants do not interfere with each other: 25-30 cm between the rows, 13-15 cm between the teeth in a row.
      In spring and early summer, water the culture, if there is no rain for a long time, feed a couple of times per season with a solution of manure or chicken manure. Delete the arrows as soon as you find them. This technology allows you to receive heavy heads the size of a good fist.

2. Svetlana

A number of plants should be sown in winter, right on the snow. For these purposes, any seeds, even those that are not quite fresh, are suitable. How to sow? It is not necessary to do any grooving, the place of sowing is slightly drowned (this is necessary so that the seeds do not flush and the mice do not reach them), make deepenings in the snow-and in these depressions seed the seeds. After sprinkling them with dry soil, so it does not freeze, store it in a non-freezing room. Above, do not forget to sketch more snow.

3. Maria SERGEYEVA, city of Kaluga

In the spring, work at the dacha is not a big deal, so I often did not have time for the correct and qualitative organization of the flower garden. So I thought once: why not try to plant annuals for the winter?
    For the experiment I chose my favorite phloxes, I will also touch the snapdragon. These plants are also resistant to frost. The place under the flower garden was prepared in advance. Dug up the earth, brought in the organic matter and slightly raised the bed so that in the spring the seeds were not washed away by melt water. Immediately, until the ground froze, cut the grooves.
    At the end of November, when the first frosts struck, seeds were densely poured into prepared furrows. From above, she poured a mixture of peat with sand and covered them with pre-prepared mulch. And she left it till the spring.
    When the ground thawed, the first shoots appeared. After the formation of 2 these leaflets have broken through the planting.
    My flowers were growing together, they did not observe diseases, they blossomed wonderful. In general, this fall decided to plant the same way cornflowers, asters and Chinese carnations.

4. Lidia LESHCHENKO, Krasnodar Region

Garlic for the winter
    I put winter garlic in late November. I make trowel grooves at a distance of 30-40 cm, sprinkle them with ashes. If the land is dry - water. And I spread the teeth at a distance of 10-15 cm from each other. I sprinkle the soil, I cover with the stems of plants. Next year I harvest garlic in the first days of July. It grows large and well stored.

5. Mikhail Aleksandrovich SAMUSENKOV, Smolensk region, the city of Dorogobuzh

Tell us, please, what kind of flower crops can be planted during the winter. How to do it right?

• Yelena PROKOPENKOVA

In order to get a flowering garden as early as possible, it is worth seeding in the fall. This very important event will help to save the already troublesome time in the spring and, of course, get the early flowering of many crops.
      Do not be alarmed if before that you had not carried out the autumn sowing of seeds, this is not difficult. From seeds that will winter in harsh conditions, it is quite possible to get strong and healthy plants. Due to the fact that the seeds are hardened for 3-4 months, as a result, really resistant crops grow. As a rule, their root system is deeper, so they will have to be watered less often in the summer.
      Seeding of annual crops
      In autumn it is best to sow seeds that have cold resistance. In this case, you can not be afraid that they will die from frost in the spring. The seeds of the lion's pharynx, the sea alissum,
      summer adonis, Chinese carnations, calendula, Ajax delphinium, fragrant chrysanthemums, chrysanthemums, Chinese asters, large-flowering year-olds, two-horned mattioles, phlox, cosmea.
      The sowing of seeds of annual crops should be made in the already frozen ground. Otherwise, if thaws suddenly happen, they can begin to germinate and in the future, of course, perish. The number of seeds should be greater than in spring sowing.
      The site must be planned in advance and it is advisable to take into account the direction of the melt water in the spring, otherwise the stream can wash away all sown seeds. For sowing, you can choose one of two periods: either the end of October - the beginning of November, or the end of December - the beginning of January. But the technique of sowing will be different.
      When sowing in October-November, much depends on whether the top layer of the soil has frozen. Before this, it is necessary to prepare the soil: to dig, to introduce fertilizers. After the earth is frozen, it is necessary to spread the seeds, sprinkle them with soil from the compost with sand, and from above put dry leaves with a layer of 5-7, see.
      In spring, when shoots appear and give two pairs of true leaves, thinning can be performed, thinning can be repeated in two weeks, while observing the recommended distance between the plants.
      When sowing in December-January, the soil must be prepared in advance, before it freezes. If snow falls to a height of 25 cm, you can start sowing. The snow is crushed and grooves for seeds are made in it. From above it should be sprinkled with the same soil mixture and then with snow. In spring, seedlings are also thinned out.
      Sowing of seeds of perennial crops
      The germination of seeds of perennial crops is much better than the annual ones. But they start to bloom after seed reproduction at best on 2-3-th year. The sowing can be carried out from the middle to the end of October. The method of sowing is the same as for annual crops.
      For autumn sowing the following perennials are recommended: bell, rudbeckia, spurge, Arabian alpine, gypsophila, small-petrel, aconite, oriental poppy, delphinium, gaylard, primula, geyhera, lupine, rosula, dicentra, astra alpine and newbeard, aquilegia, ).

6. Nikolay Mandrik

Sowing for the winter
    Podzimnih crops many are afraid not in vain, because the seeds really can freeze. However, if you plant them on time and correctly, next year you will receive an early harvest, which also does not have time to spoil the pests.
    What to sow?
    Under the winter seeds of beet, parsnip, carrot, celery, dill, cumin, leaf parsley, lettuce, sorrel, watercress, winter garlic, onion, black-onion, leek, fennel, spinach, sage and radish are sown. When choosing a place for them, consider that the predecessor was from another family.
    Beets and carrots
    For several consecutive years in October, on a sunny high place where meltwater does not stagnate in the spring, I dig the ground onto the spade bayonet - there will be podzimnie sowing beets and carrots.
    Under the beet for each 1 sq. M I add half a bucket of the composting powder and according to 50 g superphosphate and potassium sulphate. I straighten the row with rake and every 25-30 cm I make rows.
    For carrots under perekopku on 1 sq. M I make 1 matchbox nitrosfoski, and I fill up the top of the bed and close up the wood ash (on 2 station at 1 sq.).
    Rows I make at a distance of 40 cm from each other with a depth of 2-3 cm, which I squeeze out with a wooden bar of width 5 cm - to have a flat, even bottom.
    Beet seeds I take varieties Cold-resistant or Gaspadynya, carrots - any zoned variety. I sow dry, thicker than in spring, and only with the onset of the first frost.
    Rows immediately sprinkled with "warm soil". For carrots it is peat (layer 0,5-1 cm), for beet the ground from the bed, which I pre-dial in a bucket and keep in the cellar so that it does not freeze, and on top also peat or dry sawdust layer in 2-2,5 cm.
    Opposite all the rows I put wooden pegs so that when the rows are loosened in the spring, the crops will not be damaged.
    With the arrival of frosts, the beds for snow retention are covered with fir-tree lapnik, which I clean in the early spring.

7. Nikolay Zaytsev, Lipetsk

We sow radishes for the winter
    The weather has become completely unpredictable, so winter crops today are always a certain risk. If, for example, winter is warm and snowless, or spring is long and cold, all the trouble will be in vain. I prefer not to rely on luck, and based on my many years of experience, I minimize all risks. For example, here's how I sow radishes in the winter.
    I am preparing a garden at the end of September - the ones released after tomatoes and cucumbers are well suited for radishes. For 1 square. I make half a bucket of 3-year-old compost and 2-3 tbsp. l complex mineral fertilizer. After that, I dig the land well and water it. When the soil dries, I cut the grooves at a distance of 15 cm from each other with a depth of 4-5 cm.
    When steady temperatures are set below 0 °, I proceed to sowing. I rarely spread dry seeds (after about 5-6 cm) into furrows and cover them with dry soil mixed in half with peat. If the snow has already fallen - I sprinkle a flower bed in them, if not - mulch the planting with dry fallen leaves. In winter, be sure to rake snow on the garden.
    It is very important to choose the right radish variety specifically for winter sowing. Of course, you need to make an adjustment for the region, but the main requirements are resistance to low temperatures and lack of lighting. In my experience, the varieties Heat and Dawn meet these requirements. Both of them belong to early ripening and normally tolerate low spring temperatures. The first one usually gets Heat on my table, and a little later Zarya takes the baton.

8. Vera PAVLOVA, city of Saratov

At my dacha - like on the railway: everything is on the map and on schedule. On the general map (I made a special album for the cards) fruit trees, varieties I and planting dates are indicated. The map of the garden part of the plot changes annually. Everything is drawn and numbered. In footnotes are cultures. That is, I definitely know that in the bed number 3 I grew carrots last year, I will not plant beets there, but I will plant tomatoes. And I started a seed journal. I bring in the sowing place, variety, dates and in the last column I evaluate the results - the crop. I’ve been leading it for 4 years, so some statistics. accumulated.
    On all the beds I apply fertilizers in advance, as soon as they are released from summer vegetables. This information
    I also add a separate graph to the journal. So I found out that carrots do not tolerate fresh organic matter, it is better to fertilize with dolomite flour or complex mineral fertilizer.
    Carrots can be sown when the temperature approaches zero. Beets I advise sowing when the thermometer's column does not rise steadily higher -2 ° and the earth remains dry. I sow the garlic on 2 a day earlier than the onion.
    I will not recommend specific sowing dates and varieties. In each region they are different. I will say one thing - choose zoned and frost-resistant. Remember the general rules for winter crops: sow dry seeds in dry soil, do not water, but mulch the soil.