Vegetables and the triumph of color
1. Watermelon radish (Watermelon) -unusual daikon variety with raspberry pulp and light green skin. Many children do not like radishes because of their spicy taste. Daikon has a very mild taste. Why not a watermelon? Especially if you cut it in half rings, like slices of watermelon, and sprinkle with black sesame seeds or flax seeds. It looks very appetizing - just a favorite of children!
Sow it in the 20-x of May, along with the usual radish. It ripens longer than regular radish, but it is stored longer and practically does not shoot. It's only for a long time that this sort of daikon can not be stored: everything is immediately eaten up.
Due to the fact that the watermelon radish does not go in the arrow, he sits on the bed until it comes time to send it to the salad. There is evidence that this radish can be steamed like turnips, boiled, mashed ... But it’s raw and delicious, so what's the point of boiling it, losing vitamins?
2. Beets of Chnoggia (Chioggia) was sown in the second half of May, the crop ripened in late July. Caring for it is the same as for ordinary beets, and it is stored until March. Her taste is sweeter and more tender than that of beetroot. But cooking it is undesirable - all the beauty will be lost, so they eat it raw, in salads. Neighboring children in the country called this beet variety a lollipop.
If you cut it in rings, and it's true that it looks like candy. A real table decoration!
3. Great table decoration - colored potatoes.
Natalya Kazanskaya collected her small collection for three years by various collectors. Now 4 varieties of potatoes with purple pulp have been planted -Vitelotte, Congo, Purple Creamer, Purple Majesty, and 4 varieties with pink flesh - Ail Red, Cranberry Red, Rosemarie, Highland Burgundy. And also a grade with yellow pulp and very elegant Miss Blush clothes. From potatoes with colored pulp, an unusual mashed potato is obtained - pink and purple. A particularly bright dish is obtained in contrast to ordinary white potatoes.
4. Multicolored cauliflower managed to grow N. Yakshina in the Moscow region. White - F, Snegurochka - became very elegant. But the green varieties of Maserata and the purple Purple turned out to be no worse.
It is a pity that it was not possible to grow orange. The taste of green and purple cabbage is unusual, the inflorescences are very delicate and resemble broccoli. You don’t even need to boil them - you will throw them in a frying pan with a onion, and you get an amazing dish!
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Soy and Lentil Growing - Planting and Care
- CHIA: we grow ourselves - reviews, planting and care
- Robinia (photos) description and care
- Black pepper - growing at home (on the windowsill)
- Diseases and pests of blackberries. Signs of a lack of fertilizers. Part 3.
- Fruit pepino (photo) planting and care, varieties
- Growing unusual and colorful vegetables
- Pepino (photo) growing fruit at home
- How to grow horseradish properly. Recipes of dishes and useful properties of horseradish.
- Growing unusual exotic plants for the Middle Strip - photos, planting and care
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!