How to make a creek in the country with their own hands
A brook trickle surrounded by stones and flowering plants will decorate any dacha possessions,
Its device is usually trusted by professionals, but on a small scale, it is quite possible to cope on its own.
To create a stream in the country, a small level difference in the garden is enough. It’s lucky if your site has a natural slope - just place the source higher and dig the channel down the hill. And if the plot is horizontal? Have to raise the source above the mouth. How much depends on the goal: whether you want a quiet stream or a stormy stream. To get a “nimble” brook, the difference should be about 3 cm per 1 m of length.
Accordingly, if the length of the future stream is 5 m, the difference is needed 8 15 cm, for 10 m - 30 cm, etc.
We organize the movement of water
The water in the summer creek moves in a closed cycle (that is, in a circle), so it needs a pump. The use of a powerful surface pump for pumping water implies a device near the source of a special pit that protects the pump from weathering. The water, passing through the pump, flows down the stream to the receiving pond at the mouth, from which it is sucked and transported back to the pump by the tube, closing the circle. The submersible pump simply descends into the receiving pond.
The water from the pond through the pipes or hose flows under pressure upwards to the source, from where it again drains into the pond. This option is suitable only for short streams with a slight incline and slow flow.
We equip the water supply system
The depth of the receiving pond must be sufficient to fill the entire system with water. In the mouth, an overflow with a surplus of excess water is necessary, formed after a heavy rainfall. As a water pipe is used polypropylene pipe. Most often it is laid along the shortest path from the source to the mouth, but this has its drawbacks. For example, if it is planned to plant a coastal zone with woody plants or build an arbor, then repair of such a water pipe can subsequently become a problem.
In this case, it is better to make the channel less winding so that it is possible to lay pipes along the shore or to use for this purpose a flexible hose of increased strength. In this case, the trench for laying the pipe is dug simultaneously with the laying of the waterproofing at a distance of 60-90 cm from the bed. At the outlet to the surface, the water pipe is decorated with large stones, imitating the spring.
We arrange a stream with our own hands
1. Choose a place for the creek. If the area is gently sloping, then the movement of the water will be calm. On the slope you can arrange a semblance of a mountain stream with springs and overflow of water through flat stones. Label the strings tied to the pegs, the receiving pond at the mouth, the line of coastal sprinkling with pebbles.
2. Dig out a receiving pond with a depth of about 80 cm and a trench in place of a channel about 40 in depth with a slight inclination towards the pond. Clean the bed of roots, small stones and other inclusions. Wipe the bottom all over, pour a layer of sand thick 15 cm. Lay the geotextile and PVC film, or butyl rubber.
3. Press the edges of the film with bricks, not pulling it.
In order for the film to snug against the bottom, let the water run down the stream.
4. Fill the bottom with a fine pebble with a layer of 5-7. See Place the stones of different fractions so that in addition to the skilfully decorative imitation of the natural reservoir, they press the walls of the film along the slopes of the stream and hide the film from the sun's rays.
Spreading large stones on the bottom, you can get a nice effect from small paddles.
5. Fill the brook again with water to check how correctly the place for each stone was found.
Trim excess edges of the film. In places where the film goes far enough ashore, it can not be cut off, but to make cross-shaped incisions, bend the edges and plant them in the resulting windows of the plant.
For this purpose, hygrophilous hosts, astilbe, volzhanki are perfect.
To connect the pump cable to the mains, you can use the sockets of nearby buildings or arrange a special street electric switchboard, hiding it in plant compositions or behind large stones.
6. To form a wide coastal zone with a rocky backfill, place the PVC film on the place cleared of weeds and stones. Fill its edges under the folds of the film for a pond or put it on top with a slight overlap. The film will serve as a barrier to weeds. Then lay out the large and medium-sized stones and pour a fine fraction of gravel with a layer about 4 cm thick.
7. The receiving pond is arranged similarly to the bed of the stream - it is lined with geotextiles and butyl rubber film over the sand cushion. Then the bottom is covered with a fine pebble with a layer of 5-7 cm and large stones are laid. If the edges are steep, they may require reinforcement with a special net, gabions. More gentle banks are densely surrounded by large flat stones, which are installed at an angle.
8. Landscaping of the coastal zone is conducted in such a way that too much shoots do not hang over the water, otherwise the water will quickly be littered with falling leaves. For this purpose coniferous plants, hydrangeas, Siberian irises, stunted shrubs such as spirea of Japanese, dwarf birch are perfectly suitable.
9. If, after digging a water structure, there are many soils left, it can be used to form a steep slope near a stream. It is terraced and sprinkled with materials that are appropriate in style. On the hill planted alpine plants or continue the theme of decorating the shore.
© Author: I.Darovski Photo: Yury Solovyov
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Pond in the country with their own hands - advice on digging, arrangement and selection of plants for the pond
- How to make ponds in the country with their own hands
- Mini pond in the garden with your own hands
- Water lilies Victoria (photo) cultivation in the pond
- A pond in the garden - what plants to decorate it with your own hands
- Which pond can be built on a small plot and plants for it
- Pond with your own hands
- Choosing beautiful plants for the shores of a summer pond - photo and description
- Dacha water pipe with own hands (photo and diagram)
- The most beautiful varieties of nymphaea - photos, names and description
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!