To keep the zucchini well, before storing it for storage, I dip the stalk in melted paraffin for a few seconds. When it hardens, I put the zucchini in cardboard boxes, separating them from each other with cardboard boxes.
    I store pumpkins in different ways, and for this I have secret places.

I lay out part of the harvest in the cellar on the shelves between the cans with seaming. I make sure that the pumpkins do not touch each other.
    I wrap the most valuable, beautiful and even copies in newspapers and lay them out under the bed in my apartment.
    I clean the pumpkin cut into segments from seeds and pulp, wrap each piece tightly with foil and store it in the refrigerator for up to a month.
    If I notice that the pumpkin has begun to deteriorate, I cut out the rot, peel the fruit from seeds and peels, cut into slices about 0 cm thick, blanch in boiling water, let the water drain and dry in the oven with an open door at a temperature of about +5 degrees. I store dry slices in fabric bags or tin cans for up to a year.
    To protect the cabbage from white butterflies, I plant a celery bush next to each plant. I noticed that such combined butterfly beds fly around.

2. Ekaterina Dolnik, Smolensk

I really like zucchini and squash, but in rainy weather the fruits do not have time to grow up, they rot on the bush. What to do?

- I sow the seeds of zucchini and squash several times until mid-June. By August, the earliest bushes stop bearing fruit, while others are just beginning to form ovaries.
      If the weather is dry, hot, I water the plants under the root with settled water every 3-4 days.
      If it rains frequently, additional watering is not needed. Instead, you have to protect the crop from rot. I remove all the lower leaves so that the stem and fruits are well ventilated. I sprinkle the cuts with plenty of wood ash. I put straw or planks under the fruits so that there is no constant contact with damp earth.

When the zucchini begins to ripen actively, I feed the plants like this.
      I dilute 1 liter of fermented herb infusion in a bucket of water, add 1-2 tbsp. wood ash. I pour out 1-2 liters of the composition under each bush.

3. O. Kuromskaya, Omsk

This year, a lot of the zucchini ovaries have rotted. Tell me, what is this disease? Can it be seed-borne and how to save the harvest?

Apparently, this is gray rot. The pathogen persists on infected plant debris and in the soil; it is not transmitted with seeds. Plants are most often infected through wounds, but sometimes the infection enters the flower through the pistil. In the latter case, the embryo quickly decays. The affected areas are covered with a gray fluffy bloom. The disease develops especially strongly in cool and rainy years.

How to avoid crop losses? During the season, it is necessary to remove and hedge the infected flowers, fruits, ovaries and leaves. Temporarily it is worth stopping foliar feeding, cutting off part of the thickening leaves. This will improve the ventilation of the landings. And the plants themselves are treated with biological products based on trichoderma.
      Of the additional protection measures, I would like to remind you about the observance of crop rotation, the need to collect and destroy plant residues, and after harvesting, it is advisable to remove the upper 2-3-meter soil layer, replacing it with a new one.

If zucchini ovaries rot

One of the main reasons for this phenomenon is cold and high humidity. To help the zucchini cope with the bad weather, loosen the soil as often as possible.
    Also, rotting of the ovaries can provoke a lack of boron and iodine. Spray plants with boric acid solution (2 g per bucket of water). The next day, treat with a solution of pharmaceutical iodine (20 drops per bucket of water).

Another reason is thickening. Cut off some of the leaves that shade the ovaries. If the zucchini is planted too densely, remove the weakest bushes.

In the past summer season, the tips of the ovary of zucchini often rotted. With what it can be connected?
    Valentina Uskova, Neftekamsk

6. Alexey Viktorovich AFANASYEV, Vologda Region, the city of Kirillov

Just a few rainy days in a row is enough for rot spots to appear on the squash and pumpkin. But you should not panic, because you can save the fruits. I will share advice on how to do this.
    In dry weather, with a sharp knife treated with vodka, I cut out places affected by rot. I lubricate the operated areas with plenty of freshly squeezed aloe juice. The wounds dry quickly, while the fruits continue to grow and develop.
    And to prevent the development of putrefactive processes for each fruit, I recommend laying wooden planks or mulching the bushes with straw.

7. Nikolai Fedorovich MARCHENKOV, Penza Region, Nizhny Lomov

I will share advice on how to save zucchini and pumpkins from rot.

Just a few rainy days in a row is enough for rot spots to appear on the squash and pumpkin. In dry weather, washed with vodka with a sharp knife, I cut out places affected by rot. I lubricate the operated areas with plenty of freshly squeezed aloe juice. The wounds dry quickly, and the fruits continue to grow and develop.
    And to prevent the development of putrefactive processes, I place wooden planks under each fruit or mulch the bushes with straw.

8. Maria Lopatova

Pumpkins and squashes began to rot in the bushes. I put a plank under the fruits, but it does not help. What to do?

- When in the summer it is cold, long rains, zucchini and pumpkins really begin to rot. Planks may not be enough. Plastic boxes with large openings (for fruit) helped me. I turn them upside down, put them as close to the bushes as possible and lay the fruits of pumpkins and zucchini. Such pedestals are well ventilated and protect vegetables from diseases. By the way, if a spot of rot has appeared on the pumpkin, I carefully cut it with a knife and dust it liberally with sifted wood ash. If the weather is cloudy, I sprinkle the operation site with ash twice a day (morning and evening) until the wound dries thoroughly.
      I do not drive in with rotten zucchini - I immediately cut it off from the bush and take it to the kitchen for processing.

9. Anastasia Levanova, Krivoy Rog

Last year, peas and beans decayed on a bed near a fence. This summer, they planted squash seeds there, but many fruits rotted right on the bushes. How to get rid of the disease from the site?

- I try to use “Chemistry” as little as possible. In time I weed beds, in the autumn I remove tops and weeds from the site. I treat the garden with biological products, which include microorganisms that are safe for humans and animals.
      For 2-3 weeks before the onset of stable frosts, the beds on which the vegetables were growing sick with gray mold, I dig up shovels on the bayonet.

I breed according to the instructions one of the drugs: Baikal EM, Baktofit, Tri-hodermin, Planzir, Alirin-B, Fitosporin, Fitotsid. Plot the area with a solution to a depth of 10, see. In the spring I repeat the processing
      If the problem arises again in the next season, in the fall I spill a section of 3 with a solution of Bordeaux liquids (10 l per 2 sq. M). In April, in dry weather to a depth of 5-10, see the beds of 4% copper oxychloride or 2% Oxyhoma spills. Before planting, spray the wells with Quadrice, Bravo or Homa. In order to minimize the damage from treatments, I fill the wells with quality compost (spilling 1 into the hole), and I also mulch the beds.

10. Raisa Dolzhenok

This year the pumpkins and zucchini rotted right on the bed.
    Is it worth treating the soil with a copper-containing drug to get rid of the infection that causes rot?

- No, you do not need to do this.

Most likely, pumpkin rotted from the excess moisture this summer. Apparently, you have a heavy soil, which has a weak water permeability. Therefore, it will be better to make in the fall more humus or compost, and next year under the pumpkin form high beds.

11. Igor VASILYEV, Nizhny Novgorod

Many zucchini this year rotted the tip. The fetus has not yet grown, and the tip has already rotted. I had to pick and kill zucchini. Why does rotting occur? How to prevent it?

An excess of moisture can be the cause of rotting of zucchini - this happens when watering is improper or as a result of prolonged rains. In this case, a few lower leaves are simply torn off to provide the zucchini with adequate ventilation and light. The plants themselves are powerful, so such rationing will not harm them. The rotten fruits must be cut off - new ovaries will soon appear in their place. If white plaque or dents are present on the fruits or leaves, these are fungal diseases (powdery mildew, white rot). Affected zucchini should be treated with copper-containing preparations and reduce watering.

12. Tatyana PANUROVA, Orel

How to save zucchini, if they start to rot?
    Many gardeners zucchini begin to rot because of abundant and prolonged rains. In order to somehow save the inflorescences and ovaries from precipitation, you can put an old umbrella or shelter over a plant, put plaques under the fruit. In Zucchini can rot if they lack micronutrients: iodine and boron. That is, they should be fed. You can spray plants with a solution of boric acid: at 10 l of water, take 2 g of the substance.

Another reason for rotting is a thickened landing. A lot of greenery is good, but plants need good ventilation, so you need to remove large leaves and weed out all the weeds from the beds.

13. Anna P

Lecho "You'll lick your fingers!"

14. Natalia KALGINA

Seeds of zucchini are harvested from fully ripened fruits. I choose the largest and hardest specimens, I draw a fingernail over the peel - if there is not a trace left, the fruit can be cut off. Before collecting the seeds, I give the vegetable marrows to lie down 2-3 weeks in a warm dry place (usually in a corner in the kitchen). I cut the finished fruit in half, I take out the seeds with my hands.

Not mine, I just remove the remains of the pulp and lay the seeds on baking paper with a thin layer. In good weather, dry on the street in the shade, and if it rains - in a well-ventilated room. Several times a day I stir. Completely dried seeds are stored in plastic containers in a dark place.

15. Eugenia KAZAROVETS

I determine that the zucchini has matured and is ready for storage, according to the following signs.
    The skin becomes firm, the color of the fruit is saturated, and when you tap it a deaf sound is heard, like a pumpkin.
    To the vegetable does not rot, I cut it with a knife, while leaving a long tail.
    Before laying for storage I let the crop lie in the sun 3-4 days (I hide it or clean it for the night). During this time the peel dries well and becomes even firmer.

In the parents' house zucchini is laid out one by one in fabric mesh and suspended from the ceiling in the hallway, and in the apartment they are perfectly kept under the bed. The main thing is to be dark and away from the battery.