Which plants smell of garlic
Did you know that garlic is one of the most frequently cultivated vegetable species in the world?
In general, this is not surprising, because in which only a dish does not add slices with ostrinkoy! Yes, and the benefits of this plant are legendary.
But that it really was the maximum, you need to know how to properly use garlic in the kitchen (more about this - in the block from below).
As you know, by the time of planting, the sowing garlic (Allium sativum) is divided into spring and winter (first planted in early spring, the second - for winter). They can be distinguished by the number of teeth: spring has a lot of them, and the winter crop has little and always an even number.
We understand further. In the catalogs and in the garden centers, you can come across a division of garlic into two varieties - Allium sativum, var. sativum with the so-called soft neck and Allium sativum, var. ophioscorodon-with a solid.
This means that the first teeth are pressed against the flexible soft stem, while the second ones are located around a rigid dry stem, a hollow inside, that is, a stem - this is the same "neck". What does this information give us?
Garlic with a soft neck does not shoot, teeth in it are arranged in several rows and have a more tender taste, besides they are less rigid. Plants with a solid neck are pointed, the head has only one layer of teeth.
However, it is more difficult to grow garlic of this sortotype, and the quality of the heads can not be called excellent. But garlic with a hard neck has one indisputable advantage - it contains the maximum amount of healthy substances.
But a pronounced garlic flavor is the prerogative of not only the same plant.
In the genus Bow (Allium) There are species, the greenery and flowers of which are pampered with garlic spirit, only less harsh. The most odorous leaves can boast onions bear (Allium ursinum), or wild garlic. The greenness of this plant floods the markets in the spring and one of the first fills our shortage of vitamins after winter. Garlic smell is famous for onion fragrant (Allium odorum).
If you hear about garlic onions, then know that this is it. This perennial plant (in one place can grow up to 5 years) with leaves up to 40 cm with a muted onion-garlic smell and fragrant flowers (for which it got its name), which appear in the second year.
The only drawback of the species - it is very actively multiplies self-seeding, so it is better to grow it in a pot or cut off the peduncles in time. The aroma of the capitate is inherent in tulbagi. All kinds of this plant, except for the Simbler tulbagy (Tulbaghia simmleri), exude a characteristic smell, for which they are nicknamed in the people by wild garlic (in fact they are very distant relatives).
Since the tubulagia is heat-loving, it must be well sheltered for the winter or grown in a pot. In the rest of the ego an ornamental plant is unpretentious. Another odorous representative of the flora is a frequent guest of our flower gardens onion round-headed (Allium sphaerocephalon). His garlic leaves, like the wild garlic, are harvested in the spring, before the birth of the peduncles.
1. Tulbagiya purple (Tulbaghia violacea) throughout the summer pleases with delicate pink inflorescences. Since the plant comes from South Africa, it is better to grow it in a pot and bring it into the house for the winter.
2. Round-headed onion - one of the most charming types of decorative bow. This plant looks good in flower beds, especially next to ornamental herbs and catnip. In spring and autumn, narrow leaves with a garlic flavor can be eaten.
3. White flowers onion fragrant with a delicate delicate fragrance is quite edible. They can be added to salads and decorate their dishes.
4. Garlic with soft neck has a flexible stem, so from such plants it is easiest to weave pigtails - suspended on a vertical surface, they take up little space, and the heads themselves are less moldy than those stored in nets or drawers.
Important: Cooking garlic correctly!
The most valuable substance in garlic is allicin.
It is he who is the very magical ingredient that successfully fights with a lot of ailments. But this substance in the teeth ... no.
There are only two separate components - alliin and allicinase, during the interaction of which allicin is formed. Making the components react is simple - you just need to grind the teeth. However, if you immediately drop the garlic in a frying pan or in a hot dish, it will lose all its benefits and become nothing more than a flavor.
The thing is that the allynase breaks down after 30 seconds when heated.
Therefore, if you want to keep all the benefits of garlic, after you chopped it or let it pass through the press, let it lie down for about 10 minutes so that a reaction occurs and allicin is developed - it is not afraid of high temperature.
A few very delicious recipes of dishes with garlic
Spaghetti with garlic and chili
On an 4 serving of 500 g spaghetti, salt, 4 cloves of garlic,
2-3 a small dried chilli pod, 6 table, spoons of olive oil. 2-3 table, spoons of chopped parsley
1. Cook spaghetti in salted water.
2. Garlic clean
and chop. In a mortar crush pods pods. 3. Heat olive oil in a frying pan and gently let garlic and two thirds of chopped pepper on it. Then mix the parsley.
4. Spaghetti is thrown into a colander and allowed to drain. Then pour garlic-pepper oil and mix well.
5. Spaghetti to salt to taste, spread out on plates and in the end sprinkle with the remaining pounded chili.
On an 4 serving, 20 g of almond petals, 3 cloves of garlic, 200 g of peeled almonds, 150 ml of olive oil, 2 chayn. spoons of white balsamic vinegar, 2 chayn. spoonful of semi-dry sherry, 1 chayn. a spoonful of salt, black ground pepper, saffron stamens, parsley for decoration
1. Almond petals should be fried in a dry frying pan. 2. Peel the garlic and grind it. Along with almonds, olive oil, vinegar, sherry, salt and pepper turn into a puree.
In the process of transformation in puree pour a thin stream of 400 ml of cold water. 3. Before serving, put it in a cool place. 4. Spread on plates and sprinkle with saffron stamens, parsley and roasted almonds.
1. Wash greens, shake off excess water and grind. 2. Peel the garlic and also finely chop. Mix greens with garlic and butter, season with salt and pepper. 3. Cut the loaves into slices, grease each garlic butter, assemble the slices of 2 rolls and wrap them in foil. 4. Put on the grate in preheated to 180 ° C oven for about 15 min. Remove from the oven and remove the foil before serving.
Chicken in garlic marinade
On 4 servings of 1 sprig of rosemary, 2 twigs of parsley, 2 twigs of thyme, 4 garlic cloves, grated zest / 2 lemon, 250 ml curdled milk, 1 table, spoon of coriander seeds, salt, ground black pepper, 1 chicken (weighing about 1,4 kg) , olive oil for lubricating the mold
1. Grasses rinse, shake off excess water, cut off the leaves and chop.
2. Peel the garlic and pass through the press. Greens, lemon peel and garlic mixed with yogurt. 3. Seeds of coriander crushed in a mortar and add to marinade. Salt and pepper. 4. Cook the chicken, get soaked with a kitchen towel and cut into 8 parts. In a large container mix with the marinade and, covered with a film, put on 2 an hour in the refrigerator. 5. Then, decompose the chicken parts in a greased form and bake for about 50 min in a preheated oven to an 180 ° C. Before serving, decorate with fresh branches of rosemary.
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Planting winter garlic: take into account all
- Rokambol (photo) planting and care (Novosibirsk region)
- Planting garlic - the best calendar dates and rules
- Family garlic (photo) cultivation
- If garlic turns yellow from year to year ...
- Growing garlic in the Saratov region - planting and care
- That the garlic was not sick
- Folk remedies for white rot of garlic - my reviews (Ryazan region)
- Growing garlic for yourself and for sale - our secrets
- Rocambol (photo) cultivation in the suburbs - planting, varieties and care
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!