A small garden with medicinal aromatic plants - what to plant?
In autumn it is good to think about what you will remodel in your garden next year. "You can break a small fragrant herb garden on your site.
Some of them are familiar to all, others are not.
But many medicinal herbs are quite inexpensive to buy in the garden centers.
As a rule, these plants look modest, but a knowledgeable gardener will notice them at once among the brightest neighbors. Here are six medicinal herbs to create a small aromatic garden! "
See also: The most fragrant plants for the garden
Herbs for the "medicinal" garden - photos and names
1. Extremely unpretentious perennial plant - Lemon balm. It grows well in the penumbra and in the sun.
You can sow through seedlings or seeds in the open ground. Some grow balm in pots, so that the "kitchen garden" is always at hand! It has a citrus aroma, which is why the people received the name "lemon mint". You can add in tea, melissa will add flavor and calm your nerves.
2. Another perennial plant that is easy to care for - oregano. Loves the sun, you can sow and seeds in the open ground, and through seedlings.
A beautiful fragrant ornamental plant blooming with pink flowers, which will decorate both the mixboarder and the medicinal garden. The leaves of oregano are added to tea, this is a good remedy for insomnia! Broths and infusions of oregano help with colds.
3. An amazing plant - Blue cyanosis!! It can be sown by seeds for the winter, planted in seedlings in the spring, propagated by cuttings or by the division of rhizomes. Синюха well winter, grows in the sun or in a partial shade, but requires abundant watering. Blooms with blue "fishnet bells" with a delicate aroma.
In the autumn, her rhizomes are dried and broths are prepared, which help with bronchitis. The people are called "the Greek valerian".
4. By appearance cat Something reminds of a baldness, but it blooms with blue whisk. This unpretentious perennial plant will decorate any garden. It grows in the sun and in the penumbra. Cotovnik is planted through seedlings, and for winter it is better to cover it with lapnik. This plant is called "catnip", because its spicy aroma attracts cats. Broths from the cat helps to relieve stress and increase appetite.
5. Familiar to everyone parsley helps in strengthening immunity, due to the large content of vitamin C, and is a natural aphrodisiac. You can sow parsley seeds under the winter, and also in early spring, and you can grow this useful grass in a pot on the windowsill. To keep parsley leaves more tender, do not forget to water it well!
6. Perennial asparagus (asparagus) many are familiar as a decorative element of Soviet holiday bouquets.
But the young shoots of asparagus are a delicacy! Asparagus is best planted with seedlings in early spring. The plant loves well-drained soil and sun. Asparagus is an excellent basis for diets, it also lowers blood pressure, removes excess fluid from the body and relieves migraines.
© Author: Natalia Grigoryeva Photo: Igor Piskarev
FOR NOTE: Processing and storing lemon balm
There are medicinal plants that do not require special care: they are said to grow themselves. These include melissa, which in ancient times was prescribed for vivacity and strengthening the body. But when growing this plant there is a danger of turning it into a weed that conquers all new territories.
I decided not to bring the case to such a finale, the area of cultivation of lemon balm was limited by the size of an automobile tire with a carved interior. I buried it half in the ground to limit the growth of the roots of medicinal grass. It turned out a kind of islet of plants. They were easy to care for: water and fertilize. For the last procedure, it is enough once in a spring to pour a solution of Mullein into the tire. You can also dilute 8 buckets of water 1,5 st. l. any combination fertilizer.
Melissa grows rapidly, and when it blooms, I cut it with a pruner under the root. Then I go through the stems, I reject the yellow and pest-bitten leaves. The sorted raw materials are washed under the tap, wilted in the shade and hung in the attic for final drying. Many gardeners tear off the leaves, fold them into cotton bags for storage. But this method does not allow long to hold raw materials. Dry leaves gradually begin to lose flavor and can acquire extraneous smells.
I propose my own method of processing and storing lemon balm. To do this, I use an enamel lid from the gas stove and a homemade fine-mesh mesh made of stainless steel, slightly smaller than the lid. The leaves that have been dried to fragility are cut off and then triturated on a mesh, crushing them into a powder that falls into the lid. He falls asleep in an opaque plastic bottle (from under the milk) and tightly screw the lid. In this form, even with frequent use, melissa does not lose its flavor for years.
By the way, other medicinal plants can be stored in the same way, for example, mint leaves, marigold flowers, lime color. On bottles, where I put this raw material, I necessarily stick a label with the name of the plant, the date, the month, and the year of "production." Usually I store all this "green pharmacy" on the balcony, although it is not necessary. I have bottles of three years and more prescription, the medicinal raw materials in which absolutely did not lose its flavor.
Recipes with Melissa
With migraines, noise in the ears, anemia, neuroses and insomnia helps tincture of lemon balm. We must take 5 art. l. fresh or 3 st. l. dried leaves of the plant, grind them well and pour in 250 ml of vodka. Insist for 7-10 days in a dark place, periodically shaking. After this, drain the liquid and take 5 drops inside 3 once a day. This same tool can be used to rinse the throat and gums with tonsillitis and stomatitis. In this case 1 tsp. means are bred in a glass of boiled water.
With headache, including migraines, as well as with heart disease and insomnia, lemon balm is used. We need to take 3 art. l. dry grass, pour 1,5 cups of boiling water and insist for an hour. Then drain the liquid, squeeze the herbal cake. Take half a cup of 3 a day before meals.
Drinks made on the basis of leaves should not be used under reduced pressure. It should also be remembered that preparations from lemon balm slow the reaction, so it is not recommended to take them to people whose activities are related to the management of transport, other machines and mechanisms.
In winter, we add a pinch of lemon balm or mint powder to tea brewing. The taste is amazing, and the drink itself is very useful for the body.
© Author: Nikolai Nikolaevich SHEPOREVICH
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Nikandra flower (photo) - cultivation and useful properties
- Meadowsweet meadowsweet (meadowsweet) - photos and useful properties
- Kalanchoe Degremona and other species - medicinal properties and reproduction
- Side effects and harm from popular medicinal plants that few people know about
- Growing sage for medicinal purposes - sage in cooking and medicine
- Beylovoil and Dubrovnik common Dubrovnik - useful properties and contraindications
- Plant cuff - biological and useful properties
- Grass Fenugreek (photo): useful properties application and cultivation
- Healing and useful properties of birch
- Lakonos from seeds (photo) benefit and care. Fitolaki landing
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!