GREAT MANEUVERS OF THE POND IN THE FORMAT OF MINI
For a full body of water in your garden there is no place?
This is not an excuse to give up the dream of a "water world"! Make a miniature version in the tub - it will fit in any corner. Our master class, the pond is yours!
Decorative frog, jetting, is the highlight of the mini-pond. Important: the level of liquid in the tank should be constantly monitored and, if necessary, poured water, especially on hot summer days.
Materials for making a mini-pond:
- · Galvanized tub
- · Bricks
- · Plastic baskets for aquatic plants
- · Garden shovel
- · Substrate for the pond
- · Gravel
- · A fountain figure in the form of a frog
- · Watering can
Plants for the mini-pond:
dwarf water lily, in our case, the variety 'Dottore Antonio Cappelletto' • dwarf cattail • iris false-ayr 'Rose Queen' • arrows 'Benni' • sponge • frog's water-frog • hornwort
1. Since the acquired water lily with an open root system, it should be quickly planted in a basket for aquatic plants.
2. At the same time, the root of the water lily should be horizontal in the substrate, and the root neck above the ground.
3. To the substrate is not washed out of the container, top it with gravel.
4. Then comes the turn of the rest of the plants - they also need to be planted in baskets, filling the latter with clay soil from the garden. If not, buy a ready-made substrate for ponds - without peat or containing a small amount of it.
Important: the usual substrate for flower plants is not suitable!
5. At the end of the billeted representatives of the flora should be well watered.
6. Plants need different depths, and it can be adjusted by placing bricks or stones under the pots. Water lily boldly put directly on the bottom of the tub.
7. To determine the level of water, first arrange baskets with plants, laying bricks.
In this case, the cattail (in the photo), the iris and the arrowhead must stand on the supports so that later the water covers the baskets only for a couple of centimeters.
8. The fountain figure and the sponge, on the contrary, should be above the water level.
9. Put the brick supports on the bottom of the tub, pour water into it, not reaching the very edge.
10. Lower the water lily to the bottom. Do this without hurrying, otherwise the substrate can be washed, even despite a layer of gravel.
11. Next, place the remaining plants, then top up the tank. It is important to avoid confusion in the future among a growing number of representatives of the flora, for the mini-pond should choose only non-expanding species and varieties.
12 Underwater plants (in our case hornfels) also must be present in the pond: they enrich the water with oxygen and absorb nutrients from it, thereby effectively competing with algae.
Then comes the turn to plant in water 13 a floating plant, like frog waterfowl.
14. In conclusion, it remains to place the fountain element, hiding a small pump between the bricks on the bottom of the tank.
15. A ready pond is recommended to be put where the sun shines not full day. On the one hand, water lilies need light, on the other hand, algae grow rapidly in heated water. If necessary, you can use special drugs that inhibit the development of algae (due to the small amount of water dosage should be reduced).
And to prevent the appearance of algae water in the tub should be regularly changed.
See also: Pond with your own hands
SECRET OF THE PICKED PIGS IN MINI POND
For the mini-pond is not every beautiful woman, because the depth of planting varies from plant to species. For a container of height 30-50 cm only miniature versions are suitable, for example Perry's Baby Red ',' Froebeli ', or completely dwarfed, such as 'Pygmaea Helvola' and 'Pygmaea Rubra'. For such varieties, a basket with a volume of 5 l is sufficient. To the water lily blossom well, it needs a lot of nutrients.
However, they should not dissolve well in water, otherwise they will have to fight with algae. Compost and other organic fertilizers are canceled, as they rot in the water. It should be used special granular fertilizer prolonged action with slow release of batteries. They just need to be pressed into the substrate.
As a rule, one such "dose" is enough for the whole season. Winter water lily can be in the garden, but only in a large, not completely freezing capacity. In our case, the tub should be placed in a cool, non-freezing room.
MINI POND OWN HANDS - VIDEO
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Pond in the country with their own hands - advice on digging, arrangement and selection of plants for the pond
- The pond is cheap and do it yourself ...
- How to make a pond in the country with your own hands - plant, equip and decorate it
- Which pond can be built on a small plot and plants for it
- Installation of the pool for a summer residence on a site the hands
- Pond for bathing in the country with their own hands - photo and construction progress
- Pond with your own hands
- Water lilies Victoria (photo) cultivation in the pond
- Garden pond care - what and how to do?
- Dacha water pipe with own hands (photo and diagram)
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!