THE LAWN IS NOT IN ENGLISH OWN HANDS
To create a real lawn on your site, it will take a lot of effort, time and, of course, investment. I propose to make a simple lawn in one of two ways.
WHITE CLOVER LAWN
1. Lightly loosen the soil with a plane cutter or a sharp chopper, water it well and sow the seeds of white clover (spring-early summer, autumn). So that the birds do not glue them, cover the sown area immediately with white lutrasil.
Watering the crops must be done regularly, right at the shelter. It is important not to miss the moment of emergence of shoots and immediately remove lutrasil, otherwise they will grow into the tissue. As a result, removing it, you risk pulling plants out of the soil. You can do otherwise. Cover the crops with plastic wrap. It will not allow the topsoil to dry out, and watering will not be required. And as soon as the seedlings turn green under cover, it can be removed. And don't forget to water your lawn regularly while it grows.
In the first year of life, such a lawn is a disappointing sight, since white clover grows slowly. But then the very next year it will firmly take its place under the sun, and over the years will form such a dense turf that weeds will have to “leave” this place.
White clover has a powerful root system. It is unpretentious, grows on any soil, and therefore does not require care. You can not feed it with anything, practically do not water it at all, and you can even not mow. True, in this case, it will take some time after flowering to endure the plain appearance of wilted flowers.
Their little white “hats” adorn the lawn for about three months (from June to September). A dense rosette of leaves completely covers the soil. And since the height of the lawn is about 15 cm, a mowing is not necessary. Seeds that fall after flowering will germinate and further compact the lawn. If the unsightly appearance of a faded area annoys you, you can mow it once. This is not a regular (every two to three weeks!) Lawn mowing from cereal grasses.
WHITE CLOVER LAWN - VIDEO REVIEW
We also recommend reading: Sowing a lawn from A to Z - advice from a candidate of agricultural sciences
FOR THE NOTICE
Do not sow red seeds instead of white clover! This plant has a high peduncle (40-50 cm), and the leaves are located in its upper part. If you mow such a lawn, it won’t add to it. In addition, the plant is highly susceptible to powdery mildew. True, he has an advantage over white clover - he is medicinal. And therefore it is better to sow it in the pharmacy garden along with other medicinal plants.
LAWN FROM MILITARY MILITARY
2. A fairly simple lawn can be created using shoots. It is low (15-20 cm), grows rapidly, creating a dense cover. It is easy to propagate by seeds, as well as the aerial part, if you cut the grass, put it into shallow grooves and sprinkle with earth.
The main thing is to ensure that the soil does not dry out. Any shoot of this grass, once in the soil, immediately roots and gives a new plant.
Hence the name - runaway. Due to this feature, it quickly creates a low, soft lawn. You can not mow it, if you have nothing but this weed on the plot does not grow. And if, nevertheless, flowers, for example, are planted there, they must be protected from the seeds of the field of grass, small and very numerous, like all herbs that the wind will spread throughout the district. It’s enough to mow the field only once (unlike real lawns), at the moment when it just starts to spike.
Polevoshnaya shoot - a plant unpretentious, but before sowing it, it is necessary to level the soil very well. Then do exactly the same as when sowing white clover.
MORTGAGES FOR FAST LAWN - VIDEO
© Author: Galina KIZIMA, author of books on gardening, St. Petersburg
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Lawn care - aeration and loosening.
- Ground cover plants instead of lawn grass - planting, types and care
- Diseases of the lawn and proper care of it - tips k.s.kh. of sciences
- Sowing a lawn from A to Z - advice from a candidate of agricultural sciences
- Flower lawn with own hands
- The right care for the lawn. The gas: what is better to sow or lay a roll?
- Lawn at the dacha: sowing, grooming restoration and grass varieties
- How to properly prepare your lawn for winter - tips and tricks
- 2 lawn options - simple, quick and with low maintenance
- Types of lawn, sowing and choice of grass. Growing flowers directly on the lawn.
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!