SUPER HARVEST OF ROOTS: THERE IS A SECRET!
Carrots, beets, daikon are not the most capricious crops, but they also need some care. Our readers will tell you how to grow these vegetables delicious.
So that the beets grow sweet, without streaks and are well stored, after <4 final thinning, I spud them. I scoop up the earth from the aisles so as not to injure the root crops. And once more in August I feed it: I dilute 10 g of boric acid in 10 liters of water and water the beds at the rate of a bucket of solution for 5 running meters.
Olga GRIBKO, Moscow
I have been looking for a way to grow really sweet carrots for a long time so that I can make fresh juices from them in winter. Much depends on the variety, but there is also a trick. In the second half of July, I breed 1 tbsp in a bucket of water. manganese sulfate and water once at the rate of 1 tbsp. solution per plant.
Daria KAMINSKAYA, Moscow
© Daikon for winter storage I sow in the second half of July. This plant loves light soil, so I fill the garden with sand (a bucket of 2 square meters). Immediately I bring in superphosphate for digging. I sow seeds to a depth of 2 cm. With the emergence of seedlings, I dust the bed with ash once every two weeks (this makes the root crops more tender). Two weeks after the emergence of shoots, I water it with a solution of nitrophoska (2 tablespoons per 10 liters of water).
Klara KRAVETS, Moscow
Several years ago, I discovered that, despite the recommendations to grow parsnips in a sunny area, this plant does well in partial shade. I water and feed in the morning (before 10:18) or in the evening (after 1:10). In mid-July, I breed 1 tbsp. phosphorus-potassium fertilizer in 10 liters of water. At the end of the month, I water it with a diluted herbal infusion (1:10). Immediately after that, I spray with an infusion of ash (5 tbsp. Per XNUMX l of water) with the addition of boric acid (XNUMX g per bucket of composition).
Andrey PODGAYNY, Moscow
I love Scorzonera for its unique taste, this root vegetable reminds me of asparagus and oysters at the same time. The two main secrets of a rich harvest are timely watering and proper feeding. I water the scorzonera when I notice that the topsoil has begun to dry out. And I feed only once - in the middle of summer. I tried organic feeding, but the vegetable reacts best to Kemira for root crops (10 g per 10 L of water).
Georgy KIRILLOV, Smolensk
SECRETS OF HIGH YIELD OF ROOTS - VIDEO
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- The timing of sowing seeds for Central Russia - a table-reminder
- Transplanting perennial vegetables - table-memo of predecessors
- Asparagus from seeds and propagation of asparagus by dividing the bush
- What to sow in the garden at the end of summer - AGRONOMIST ADVISES
- Fennel - lazy cultivation and minimum care
- Early vegetables in the greenhouse - table memo from the agronomist
- Growing vegetable physalis in the Moscow region - my reviews and description of care
- Growing asparagus on the lawn - my advice and feedback
- Seeds and seedlings from A to Z - choice, preparation, sowing, etc.
- What and how to sow before winter - features of winter sowing
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!