TIME AND BEST PLACE FOR LANDING DOGS - 2 QUESTIONS
I was told in the garden market that it is better to plant dogwood in the fall.
Is it possible to plant it in the spring?
- You can plant and transplant plants in autumn and spring. A couple of decades ago, it was believed that it is better to give preference to spring planting: autumn came early, there was enough snow in winter, and therefore moisture in spring.
However, the weather conditions of recent years are favorable for autumn planting: the main condition is to cope with the work 20-25 days before frost. In the fall, the plant finishes growing and prepares to enter organic dormancy. The soil is still warm and the roots are actively growing. The plant planted on time has time to take root, and in the spring it continues to root and grow intensively.
Spring planting has its own nuance: the dogwood plants must be planted early (before bud break). Delay in time weakens the growth of plants and reduces their survival rate.
We want to plant a dogwood this year. True, there is not much space. Tell me what this plant loves: sun or shade?
- Dogwood likes good lighting (at least half a day - in the morning or in the afternoon). If the site is completely sunny, be sure to mulch the near-trunk circle (with peat, cut grass) and water it additionally in hot weather - then the fruits are large and juicy.
In the shade, the dogwood (in fact, like other fruit plants) grows, but bears fruit poorly, since for the abundant formation of fruit buds (by the way, the dogwood bears fruit annually, it does not have a fruiting frequency) and then the fruits need sufficient lighting, good growth, which means that providing the plant with nutrients (as a result of good photosynthesis).
Remember that dogwood is self-fertile, so plant at least two plants of different varieties right away.
We also recommend reading: Dogwood (photo) the benefit of variety and care
LANDING DOGS - VIDEO
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- How to grow goji berries in the middle lane in open ground (Voronezh region)?
- Unusual raspberry: photo and description, varieties and species
- Honeysuckle, raspberry, currant and their best varieties - reviews of professionals
- The secret of sea buckthorn pollination (Moscow region)
- 5 secrets of my berry!
- Mahonia plant - the intricacies of growing, reproduction and care
- Renovation of the garden - reproduction of shrubs in August
- Kizil (photo) best grades and care
- My way of breeding berry bushes - without the hassle
- Pirakanta - a spectacular shrub: growing and care, photo
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!