RUSTY DECOR IN THE GARDEN - CORTEN + PLANTS
Have you ever seen rusty garden decor? Stylish, dignified, respectable.
Fashion came to us from the UK with the annual London Chelsea Flower Show.
The popularity of the style was brought by the super-durable, which deserved the love of many decorators corten steel... Initially it was invented for industrial purposes (for the construction of bridges, ships).
Under the influence of atmospheric phenomena, corten is oxidized, as a result, a uniform velvet rust appears, which designers liked so much. It, oddly enough, reliably and thoroughly "preserves" the metal and protects it from ... corrosion.
A couple of years later, the surface acquires a “patina” color, which plays in the light with tints of honey and copper.
Corten products are easy to melt and cut - fertile ground for creativity. For example, raised flower beds, sides of high beds, outdoor stoves and fireplaces, artificial reservoirs, supporting elements, and garden sculptures are made from this composition. No moisture threatens them! Finding a suitable environment is very important for applying rusty accessories.
A small fashionable sculpture will be lost against the background of plants of wine, copper, bronze, terracotta, ash and silvery colors (blue sedge, red-leaved barberry, geychera, woolly chickweed, feathery carnation, Bieberstein splinter, etc.). Although you should not exclude them, but only minimize them - use them as separate accents.
A flower garden for combination with corten elements is best made up of species and varieties with decorative green or edged leaves, white, pink, blue and purple flowers (lavender, large-leaved hydrangea, etc.).
Large rusty accessories will look advantageous against the background of a green lawn or an uncut flowering lawn.
Of course, this design is not for everybody. But you can always experiment with its individual elements. They will fit especially harmoniously into the Provence style.
TIP VIDEO: RUSTY GARDEN FIGURINES
© Authors: Lilia TELEGINA and Natalia KOROTOVA, co-owners of the landscape design studio "LILIUM", St. Petersburg
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- The color scheme of the garden - plants and compositions
- Mono-flower - we plant flowers with a large mass - examples and photos
- Cold resistant annuals - photo, description and care
- Flowers from seeds for flower carpets and pillows - photo, name and description
- Decorative garden and plants for it - advice from a garden designer
- Kvamoklit, Maurandia and foreign nasturtium - the three best vines for vertical gardening
- The original birdhouse with our own hands - we make an unusual birdhouse for giving
- How to decorate a cottage with the help of weeds and grasses
- Harmonious DIY garden - height, distance and color of plants
- Vertical landscaping in the country and a vertical garden with their own hands
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!