WEED CONTROL AND ITS WAYS - PEOPLE'S ADVICE
1. CORRECT DIGGING AND A LITTLE "CHEMISTRY"
Last summer I noticed that a lot of sow thistles appeared in the garden. Apparently, he moved from a neighboring abandoned area. An integrated approach helped out. In the summer, the weeds in the beds, which were freed from vegetables, were sprayed with Roundup (bred according to the instructions). Then, when the sow-thistle was growing again, she repeated the treatment. In the fall, she dug up the earth on the bayonet of a shovel (she did not break clods). In the spring, as soon as the soil ceased to be too wet, the digging was repeated. The clod also did not break. A couple of days later, when the roots withered, I chose them. I asked my acquaintances to cultivate my site with a cultivator. Then she formed the beds and finally "combed out" the roots with a rake. As a result, there were practically no harmful plants.
Valentina Kolomeets, Pskov
WORD TO THE SPECIALIST
The author of the advice has chosen an effective method of weed control. However, the sow-thistle reproduces not only by rhizomes, but also by seeds. They can fly into your site from the neighboring one. Therefore, try to negotiate with your neighbors so that they mow down their garden in a timely manner.
Svetlana KRIVENKOVA. agronomist
2. CARPET, LINOLEUM, WEED CARDBOARD
Before starting to develop a new site, get rid of weeds. The easiest way is to cover this place with dense material for the summer. Already next year, under an old carpet or a piece of linoleum, both greens and roots will be peeled, the earth will become looser.
And I also spied on one useful trick from friends. After digging the soil, the beds and the paths between them were made the same size. I covered the tracks with cardboard. Firstly, the weeds could not break through it. Secondly, the earth did not trample, it remained loose. The next year, I swapped the beds with paths - and the need for weeding practically disappeared!
Antonina PAVLYUCHENKO, Beregovo
3. DEPUTY SIDERATES
For several years it was not possible to develop the plot received on the collective farm. Sow thistle, dandelion and wheatgrass continued to grow and suppressed absolutely all plants, even the ubiquitous dill. Spas is a simple and inexpensive method.
Three times in the spring they dug up a vegetable garden, the third time they sowed a mixture of mustard and rapeseed. These plants sprout quickly and take up space. Shortly before the appearance of flowers, green manures were mowed, embedded in the ground and sown with a new portion of seeds. By the next year, the weeds had decreased by an order of magnitude, the land was loose and nutritious.
Elena VORONTSOVA, Bykhov
4. "DRUNK" ROOM
A week before each sowing of seeds (spring or summer), I spill the garden with a solution of vodka (1 tbsp. On a bucket of water). From such "feeding" the weeds immediately sprout, I pull them out and immediately sow vegetable seeds.
5. GOose onions: an edible weed
What kind of plant was transferred to my garden from neighbors? They have it firmly established on the site. Judging by the roots, it is a bulbous. How to deal with this kind of weeds?
- The grass in the photo is called a goose onion, a yellow snowdrop, a yellow flower, a bird's onion or a gooseberry. Belongs to the lily family and forms small bulbs underground on which babies develop. The bulbs, by the way, are quite good for food. If the goose is not weeded, it can take over the entire area in a relatively short period of time. However, weeding will not take away too much energy from you, because the roots of the plant are short and pull out without problems in wet weather. You can also use herbicides, for example, Tornado. But before spraying, mow the gosper, and then abundantly treat the area with the preparation diluted according to the instructions.
But first of all, decide if you want to fight with such a healthy and rather pleasant plant.
© Author: Nikolai CHROMOV, Cand. of sciences
WEED CONTROL - VIDEO
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- How to properly prepare flower seeds for planting next year
- Pros and cons of peat cups
- Correct crop rotation is just about complicated: agronomist reviews
- Humus - what is it like to cook and use it
- Top 5 Ways to Control Weeds - Reader Secrets
- Instructions for choosing seedlings of fruit trees - now you will not be deceived
- Edible flowers - what kind of flowers can I eat?
- Soaking seeds in various solutions - practical tips
- What to do if the site is flooding after rain and melting snow? Drainage and plants
- How to make a beautiful garden - planning and setting up a garden with your own hands
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!