CHEERING PEPPER: SUPER HARVEST SECRETS
Bell peppers are at their peak at the end of summer. Each bush in the open field can give up to 5 fruits, and in a greenhouse - up to 30. True, for this it is important to maintain the air temperature within + 25 + 28 degrees, during the day and + 18 + 19 degrees, at night. However, at the end of the season, it is difficult to arrange such a regime, so you will have to take more careful care of the plants.
Water the pepper with settled warm water at the rate of 2-3 liters under the bush as soon as the soil begins to dry out. Always ventilate the greenhouse after watering. Make sure that no liquid gets on the leaves during watering, otherwise the plants may shed their ovaries. Loosen the soil the next day. Pre-powder the soil around the plants with ash. Then mulch it with humus or compost.
FLUCTUATIONS OF PEPPER
By September, the soil has time to give up most of the nutrients. Hungry plants may stop growing fruit, so you should feed the garden with phosphorus, potassium, boron, zinc and magnesium. In addition, it is important to add calcium (50 ml of calcium chelate per 10 l of water or 20 g of calcium nitrate per bucket of water), otherwise the existing fruits may develop apical rot. Make sure that the fertilizers you choose are free of chlorine. Apply top dressing on wet soil at least once every 7-10 days (in the evening).
The correct formation of the bush helps to increase the yield and prolong fruiting. Remove unnecessary ovaries on peppers, unnecessary shoots in the leaf axils, flower buds between side shoots,
sterile shoots, diseased, old and damaged leaves, lateral shoots, flowers and ovaries below the branching of the main stem. Cut your plants in dry, sunny morning. In late August and early September, pinch the tops of the shoots to direct all the forces of the pepper into ripening the fruits.
DISEASES AND PESTS OF PEPPER
When the fruits have already formed and began to ripen, it is undesirable to use chemical preparations to treat diseases and protect against pests. Give preference to effective biological products:
- from fungal diseases - Trichodermin, Fitosporin, Miko-san;
- from spider mites - Aktofit;
- from whitefly and thrips - Verticillin, Boverin. Spray not only the leaves and stems, but also the soil around the affected bushes.
To combat slugs, sprinkle mustard powder under the plants, and treat aphids with wormwood infusion (300 g of chopped fresh or 150 g of dry grass per 10 liters of hot water).
SECRETS OF GROWING PEPPER IN OPEN GROUND - VIDEO
© Author: Svetlana KRIVENKOVA, agronomist
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Pepper at home - planting and care
- Growing sweet peppers in the North-West
- Growing pepper - what it is
- Growing bell pepper in open ground: planting and care (Samara region)
- Planting and care of pepper (photo) - from seedlings to snacks
- Growing pepper in the Non-black earth
- The main stages of care for sweet pepper
- Growing Hot Peppers - Watering and Care
- How to grow large peppers - tips for gardeners
- All you need to know about growing paprika
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!