VERTICAL CUCUMBER PED WITH AUTOMATIC IRRIGATION (OPTIONAL)
I recently read in the newspapers that a Japanese farmer built vertical beds on his small plot. Also me, discovered America! It's a real shame: for several years now, cucumbers have been growing on vertical beds for me. If you have little space on the site, my experience will come in handy.
1. We take 12 old car tires. On each, using a hammer and a chisel, we make 10-12 holes in the part where the tire was in contact with the road.
2. We fill the inner surface of the tires with a mixture of earth and manure or compost for 5-7 cm.
3. Lay out a layer of ordinary garden soil on top.
4. We lay the tires one on top of the other - the vertical bed is ready.
5. We plant 3 cucumber seeds in each hole.
6. After germination, we identify the most viable plants. The rest are removed.
7. When the whips appear, we put foam rubber under them so that they do not break.
Vertical garden not necessarily делать of tires, а grow on it can even strawberries
8. You can water a vertical bed with a watering can, but it is much more convenient to put a pipe with drilled holes in the middle.
Why is such a bed more convenient than usual? Well, first of all, saving space. Secondly, you can water less often - the water does not go into the ground! Thirdly, it's just beautiful!
I also advise you to pinch the lashes of cucumbers during their growth. Then, due to additional lashes, you are provided with a big harvest. Before and during flowering, treat cucumbers with "Bud" - it guarantees the formation of an ovary.
And keep the seeds in the refrigerator for 6-7 hours before soaking - this also has a beneficial effect on the crop.
As you can see, nothing complicated, and the Japanese thought of it before. And no problem with discarded tires!
Reference by topic: Vertical beds with own hands
VERTICAL BED WITH AUTO IRRIGATION WITH OWN HANDS - VIDEO OPTION
© Author: Viktor Semenovich LYAKHOV. Khabarovsk
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Preparing the beds in the fall - advice from c.s.h. sciences
- Plant beds = compost beds with own hands
- DIY multi-layer bed with ... apples
- Warm bed for tomato seedlings - we prepare in advance! (results and feedback on the experiment)
- Vertical beds with your hands at the cottage
- Shade of beds - my feedback at the end of the experiment
- High bed with your own hands: step by step
- Plan of beds + crop rotation + detailed memo to the summer resident and gardener
- Vegetable garden on high beds with own hands
- Growing green manure in narrow beds: why is it good for the soil - my experience
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!