Growing beets - my secrets and feedback based on experience
HARVESTED BEET - WHAT IS THE SECRET OF GROWING?
Empirically developed her own method of growing tasty and productive beets. I've been using it successfully for many years now and it works great. I have never been left without beets!
I fertilize the bed for beets well: for every square meter I bring in a bucket of humus, a matchbox of full complex fertilizer and half a bucket of rotted sawdust or sand.
I send seeds to the garden not earlier than the third decade of May. There is nowhere to hurry. As my mother used to say, beet seeds should be sown a week before Trinity.
I sow the seeds one by one at a distance of 10-15 cm from each other. When shoots appear, it seems that the distance between the roots is too large, but over time the tops close up, and the plants grow well without damaging their thinning.
Before germination, I water the garden bed as the soil dries up, otherwise it is likely that the seeds will not sprout.
After the first weeding, I mulch the seedlings with grass cutting. It not only protects from heat and drought, but also serves as food for earthworms.
Three times during the summer I feed the beets.
In the first half of June, I fill in rotted manure with water (1:10). For each bucket of the composition I add 20 g of potassium chloride. I water at the root.
In early July, I close up 50 g of superphosphate per 1 sq.m.
A month before harvesting, I mix 1 tbsp. water-soluble potassium sulfate and 3 tbsp. superphosphate, dissolved in 10 liters of water. I water the beets under the root.
I harvest in mid-September before the mice get to the roots. I dry them well on the street, after that I cut off the tops and put them in the cellar.
I immediately set aside damaged beets for seaming: during storage, they will definitely rot and infect the rest of the crop.
FACT: YOU SHOULD NOT PLANT BEET IN THE SAME BED AS LAST YEAR. FOR BEET A BREAK OF 3-4 YEARS IS IMPORTANT. IT GROWS WELL IN AREAS WHERE THERE WERE CUCUMBERS, PEA, POTATOES LAST YEAR.
Reference by topic: Beet seedlings - subtlety tips and secrets, pros and cons
BIG BEET HARVEST - HOW I PLANT IT - VIDEO
© Author: Klara KRAVETS
ORDER QUALITY AND CHEAP SEEDS AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR HOME AND COTTAGE. PRICES ARE BOTTLE. CHECKED! JUST LOOK FOR YOURSELF AND BE AMAZED. THERE ARE REVIEWS. GO >>>
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Beet planting patterns
- Growing beets - my secrets and feedback based on experience
- Growing beets in the Leningrad region - planting and care
- To make the beets sweet - planting and care
- Growing beets in the Kirov region - varieties and care
- Own beet seeds - cultivation, collection and selection
- Large beets and beetroot secrets
- Winter beet planting - what are its huge advantages
- Growing and cleaning of beets
- When to clean and how to store beets
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!
2 Review (s)
For the second year in a row, by autumn, beet leaves become wrinkled, with brown-red round spots, which eventually turn into holes. Is it some kind of disease?
- It looks like your beets are infected with phomosis. And since the problem has been occurring for more than a year, most likely you do not follow the rules of crop rotation - this is the main mistake. In general, beet phomosis can and should be fought. In addition to observing crop rotation, weeds should be dug out in a timely manner, plant debris should be destroyed and the soil should be dug up before winter.
Beet seeds before sowing must be disinfected in a pink solution of potassium permanganate.
It is desirable to grow varieties resistant to phomosis (Bordeaux 237, Single-growth).
In the future, if you notice signs of illness, feed brown beets. You don’t need much, add 3 g per 1 sq.m. to the soil. Spray the leaves with a solution of boric acid (0,5 tsp per bucket of water).