HOW TO GET A STRAWBERRY HARVEST IN A YEAR - A BED FOR ANNUAL STRAWBERRY
I have been gardening strawberries for many years.
He practiced different ways of growing: on a continuous perennial bed, on shavings, pine needles, roofing material. Each of these methods has some disadvantages. Finally, I tested on my site the easiest and most effective way to grow garden strawberries in an annual crop, which I called the "walking bed." It will take only one year to form such a fruitful bed.
To obtain a large number of seedlings, I lay a mother liquor: I plant quite freely in rows of several plants of each variety. In the spring, I cut off the flower stalks formed on the bushes, water it, and pin the growing mustache to the ground. To do this, I use aluminum wire studs.
Mother bed with drip irrigation. On the sides of the mother liquor are rows of replacements. I pin my mustache to the ground with metal pins
In advance, I begin to prepare a place for planting sockets. I free it from weeds, dig up and select the larvae of the May beetle. To make it easier to get rid of them, I sow phacelia in rows - every 50-70 cm. Khrushchev larvae usually concentrate in the roots of adult plants. Therefore, I uproot the plants and lay them in the compost, and dig up the larvae and destroy them.
In late July - early August, I begin to plant seedlings from the mother liquor to the garden. I dig up the plants, trying to keep the earthen clod, and immediately plant them in rows at a distance of 15 cm in a row and row spacing of 75-80 cm. When a row is planted, I bring drip irrigation, because by this time the soil is usually dry.
Next year, when the strawberry harvest is already harvested, I begin to form replacement rows. I pin the mustaches formed on the bushes to the ground at a distance of about 35 cm from the fruiting bushes. To speed up the appearance of a mustache, I often turn on drip irrigation. When a replacement row is formed, I carefully dig out the fruiting bushes, choosing the larvae of the beetle that come across. I transfer drip irrigation to new rows. Mustaches as soon as they appear. I definitely remove it so as not to deplete young plants.
The yield of strawberries of the first year is simply fantastic. And no pests!
Reference by topic: Strawberries: crop rotation and long-term "one-year" way of growing
© Author: Alexander BENDRIK
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Strawberry Altess and Vivarra - agronomist reviews
- White varieties of strawberries (Pineapple, etc.) my reviews, planting and care (Moscow)
- Growing strawberries in the Orenburg region - planting and care
- Reconstruction strawberries from seeds - by seedlings, by stratification. (Moscow region)
- Cultivation of large-fruited remontant strawberries (Elizabeth, Charlotte)
- Growing strawberries without chemicals 100%
- What to mulch strawberries - what materials are better
- Strawberries and strawberries - tips for growing, breeding and caring for gardeners, gardeners and gardeners
- Strawberries and strawberries - how are they different?
- Reproduction and planting of strawberries with rosettes (Tver region)
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!