MICHURINSKY HYBRID OF THE STEPPE CHERRY WITH BIRD CHERRY (CHERRY) – CERAPADUS MAAKA
Cerapadus - notable for the same abundant fruiting as the virgin bird cherry. Cerapadus blooms like an ordinary bird cherry, but without an intoxicating aroma. Its brush is twice as large as an ordinary bird cherry, large bright red fruits are less tart, with a dry separation.
For children - a treat straight from the branches. And you can store them in brushes. The taste does not deteriorate for a month.
Once I managed to keep them even for two months in the refrigerator, pouring whole bunches of sunflower oil in a half-liter jar (won't the taste change from this? - Ed.). In addition, in August we prepare cerapadus compotes for future use.
The plant can be planted as a low tree on a bare trunk, but I keep it in the form of a bush of two or three branches, cutting off the top every year in late autumn or early spring to a height of 2 m.
The neighbor, on the other hand, grew cerapadus in the form of a tree near the wall so that the granddaughter would pick berries from the window of the second floor of the country house.
I cut out the aging thickening trunk of one of the branches in 6-7 years, letting in the young shoots in return. All near-stem, growing from the ground with a small increase, bare and thickening branches, I cut flush in autumn or spring.
The plant is unpretentious both to the soil and to the light, it reproduces both by seeds during autumn sowing and by root offspring. If the soil under the bush is dug up, the number of offspring increases due to the awakening buds on the chopped roots.
Reference by topic: Unusual hybrids for the garden derived by crossing
CERAPADUS ON VIDEO
© Author: V. Cherenok, Yaroslavl
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Barberry species and varieties, useful properties and recipes - Part 2
- Mumps - planting and care, cropping and photo. Varieties of scumpia
- Kizil head (photo) arbutus - planting and rearing
- String radish (photo) planting and care
- Lubistok (photo) useful properties and cultivation
- Miscanthus (photo) - cultivation and use in summer cottages
- Tsiklantera (photo) planting seeds and caring for them
- How to grow a chufu - the rules for planting and caring for a plant
- Katran (photo) types and planting in a flower garden for decorative purposes
- Plum-cherry plum (photo) cultivation and varieties
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!