WE UPDATE CURRANT VEGETATIVE REPRODUCTION
To always get good yields from berry bushes, plants need to be updated periodically. And the most economical and surest way to preserve valuable varietal indicators is to propagate them vegetatively. For example, lignified cuttings. Let's see how this can be done, using the example of blackcurrant.
Start harvesting cuttings in the second half of August: as autumn approaches, sap flow slows down in plants, cuttings retain moisture and take root easily.
Choose a currant bush without visible damage by pests and diseases. Cut off annual lignified shoots 8-10 mm thick and 15-18 cm long so that there are 5-6 buds on each cutting.
Carefully remove the leaves along with the leaf cutting. Make two cuts: the upper one is strictly perpendicular to the cut cutting at a distance of 0 cm from the upper kidney. Make the second cut oblique directly under the lower kidney.
Plant the prepared cuttings in compacted, well-spilled soil at an angle of 45 degrees, at a distance of 5-7 cm, deepening in such a way that 2-3 buds remain above the soil surface. Water the cuttings thoroughly after planting.
Cuttings hibernate without problems (you can mulch them with dry leaves with a layer of up to 5 cm). In April next year, feed the plants with nitrogen fertilizers. At the beginning of summer, foliar top dressing (by leaves) with a solution of complex fertilizer - for example, Kristalon (according to instructions) will benefit. During the season, do not forget about watering, weeding, protection from diseases and pests - one or two treatments (in May and June) with a tank mixture of fungicide and insecticide (for example, Topaz + Aktara) will be enough.
In September, transplant the grown seedlings to a permanent place.
IN A SIMILAR WAY IN AUGUST IT IS POSSIBLE TO REPLACE RED AND WHITE CURRANT.
© Author: Olga EMELYANOVA, Ph.D. agricultural sciences
Reference by topic: Currant rejuvenation according to the scheme "2 - early, 2 - medium, 2 - late"
CURRANT PRODUCTION METHODS - VIDEO
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Reproduction of currants by layering is the best way!
- 4 ways to grow currants - on a trellis, on a trunk, bush, columns
- Autumn planting of currants: important nuances
- Autumn: care for the black currant
- Black currant on the roots of white and red currants
- Black currant does not bear fruit - what is the reason
- Red currant on the plot - planting and care, tips and feedback from the farmer
- Care for black currant: pruning, processing boiling water pr (Vladimir region)
- Red currant, varieties, diseases, properties, care
- Blackcurrant: 2 Most Serious Problems - Kidney Mite and Reversion
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!