Getting ready for spring sowing in the fall
When spring comes along with it, it's time to determine if the soil in your nursery is ready for planting. Take the earth in your hand, squeeze and unclench your fingers. If the earth has crumbled into large pieces, it's time to sow.
Sow the seeds of future rootstocks: pome to a depth of 2-4 cm, stone fruit - 4-6 cm.
Plant calibrated seed and bug rootstocks harvested in autumn for their subsequent budding. Plant a few clonal rootstocks for future use as mother plants and harvest green cuttings or cuttings from them. Plants planted for this purpose earlier, lay in the grooves and cover last year's growths with soil.
Transplant rooted green cuttings of clonal rootstocks, sea buckthorn, honeysuckle and other crops for growing. Plant lignified cuttings of berry plants in the ridges prepared in the fall.
Plant winter vaccinations in the ground.
Spread seedlings grown in greenhouses (in tunnels, greenhouses) on insulated beds under the film, when their cotyledons just open, until one or two true leaves are formed. You can dive "keys" - germinated seeds with opened cotyledons.
In seedlings, during picking, pinch the main root, leaving it 2-3 cm long. Water the picked seedlings and shade them for several days.
Graft rootstocks that have not "accepted" budding or are intended for grafting. Remove the strapping from last year's budding, cut out the thorn from one-year-olds and trim. Cut off “on a spike” or “on an eye” (kidney) oculants.
Water crops and plantings. Apply mineral fertilizers. Closing them, at the same time loosen the soil.
On the berries, lay last year's growth in the furrows, sprinkle it with soil to obtain layering.
On the mother liquor of strawberries, remove dry leaves, feed with nitrogen-containing fertilizers, spray with pesticides if necessary. In the raspberry mother liquor, remove the central part of the main bush, stimulating the formation of offspring.
Reference by topic: Preparing the beds in the fall - advice from c.s.h. sciences
PREPARING GROUNDS IN AUTUMN FOR WINTER - VIDEO
© Author: E. Shiryaev, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Gardener's memo: processing, spraying the garden in early spring
- Distillation of tulips for March 8 - expert advice
- Propagation of plants with cuttings and seeds (part 2)
- Spring and summer regulating pruning of pome and stone fruit trees
- Citrus Care at the End of Winter
- Garden maintenance and compulsory garden work in March
- The lunar calendar for August is what you can do in the garden and at the dacha in August.
- Monthly rose care calendar for the whole year!
- 5 most important garden jobs at the end of summer
- Work in the flower garden in the month of September - what and when to do?
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!