THREE "F": FROM DISEASES AND PESTS
Perhaps the most exciting topic in recent years has been the topic of ecological methods for protecting the garden from diseases and pests. We have already discussed this on pages 8-9. But since the editorial office recently received several letters from readers with a request to publish the experience of Ksenia Nefedova on the use of popular biological drugs, which she had previously shared with us, we decided to continue this important topic.
So, the secrets of cultivating a garden without harming the environment and one's own health are revealed by Ksenia NEFEDOVA, agronomist, member of the Center for Applied Agriculture:
- On my plot in the Moscow region, I grow everything only by natural farming methods. Having abandoned chemistry, she worked out a strategy to deal with various misfortunes. First of all, in early spring, I carry out sanitary pruning of shrubs and trees, whiten the trunks and skeletal branches of fruit crops with Luck paint. In June, I closely observe the plants. At this time, the first signs of bacterial rot usually appear: young shoots curl up in the shape of a shepherd's crook. If you cut off such a branch, then the core will turn brown. A secondary sign is cracking of the bark, from which fluid oozes (bacterial exudate). I also deal with pests. The following are helping me.
A preparation for bacteriosis obtained from soil fungi. Unlike copper-containing compounds, it acts systemically. I start spraying plants at +5 degrees. Dosage - 20 ml / 10 liters of water.
I carry out repeated processing on blossoming flowers, the third - during the period of intensive growth. The last and most important (for trees and shrubs) is when leaves fall and scars form. Autumn is now warm and humid, in such weather the infection will certainly get into the "wounds". When planting, seedlings are also shed with Fitolavin solution (40 ml / 10 l of water).
Natural iodine, water based. It treats plants from viral diseases, inhibits the development of fungal infections (phytophthora, gray rot). Good for disinfecting soil, tools, seedling cassettes, irrigation water, as well as glass, polycarbonate and film in the greenhouse.
Great for disinfecting wounds, saw cuts after sanitary pruning. You can take a watercolor brush, dip it into a bottle and smear a fresh D cut. The consumption rate for spraying plants is 3-5 ml / 10 l of water.
For the treatment of greenhouses - 100 ml / 10 l of water. I do not wash off the yellow coating that has appeared on the surface, after a while it disappears by itself.
Natural remedy for protection against pests (Colorado potato beetle, aphids, thrips, spider mites, caterpillars and many others). I use it at temperatures above + 15 degrees. The optimal composition of the solution is 50 ml / 10 l of water. You can make it lighter (20 ml / 10 l of water), but in this case, the treatment should be repeated after 3 days. The maximum dosage is 100 ml / 10 liters of water (with a strong dominance of pests).
USE OF BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- One effective folk remedy for onion flies
- How to increase the immunity of apple trees (from scab, aphids and not only)
- Mosaic on tomatoes - how to fight
- Phytophthora of potatoes (photos) - prevention and control: the advice of the SPECIALIST
- We get rid of pests without chemicals - folk remedies
- Folk Remedies for Pests - Table of Tips
- Monilioz (photo) - how to treat?
- The three most common problems of apple and pear trees
- Do-it-yourself natural infusions against pests - collection 5
- Plum sawfly - fight and prevention
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!