One day my friends on my birthday gave me a bouquet of flowers from their front gardens. Among the plants, one surprised me with its unusual beauty. Green leaves at the edges were covered with a white border, and small flowers flaunted on the tops of the shoots. I asked what the name of this beautiful stranger was. I was told that the people called the flower “bride” for its spectacular appearance. And after a little time in one of the flower magazines in the photo I recognized my “curiosity”. It turned out to be bordered euphorbia.
TROUBLES WITH SPRINGS
I asked my friends for seeds, but instead of them, in May of the following year, I received ready-made seedlings. Planted a plant in a flower bed. From a small pile, only 2 copies were accepted. All summer I admired their beauty, and in the fall I decided to collect seeds. I took the “box” in my hand, and it burst, and the seed fell to the ground. I decided to spread a piece of fabric so as not to lose the rest.
In the spring, she sowed milkweed seeds in a greenhouse. Soon the first shoots appeared. And when the sun warmed well, I saw a dense sprouted self-sowing in the front garden. The seedlings were not removed. I just thinned out the seedlings and removed the extra ones in the places where I planted other annuals.
In the summer, my flower garden has changed. Thanks to milkweed, the flower bed was in a white robe. “Really like a bride!” I thought. And among the spectacular whiteness, bright multi-colored “heads” of zinnias, peonies, lilies and gaillardias looked out. Even passers-by stopped to admire such beauty.
Euphorbia surprises not only with beauty, but also with unpretentiousness. I grow it in regular garden soil. In the sun, the bushes reach 70 cm in height, and in the shade they are slightly lower. Feeding is not needed. They reproduce by self-seeding.
Reference by topic: White-washed euphorbia "mountain snow" (photo) planting and care
euphorbia bordered on video
© Author: Valentina NIKULINA, village of Roslyakova, Saratov Region.
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Echinacea (photo) - grades of planting and care
- Datura - planting and care, growing tips
- New varieties of marigolds, petunias, hippies and other flowers
- Knifofiya (photo) planting and care in the open ground
- Sunflower decorative-growing and varieties
- Chinese carnation (photo) - planting and care
- Flower lily of the valley (photo) planting and care description of varieties
- Iris Siberian (photo) planting and care, description of breeding and transplantation
- Solidography - goldenrod: photo planting and care
- How to ensure lush flowering of irises - tips
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!