WHY DRY BRANCHES ON CHERRY?
I always dreamed of starting a cherry orchard, and I did it. But last year I encountered a dangerous cherry disease. Branches suddenly began to dry up on an outwardly healthy tree. Let me tell you how I dealt with adversity.
Most often, the cause of the drying of cherry shoots (and also sweet cherries) is a fungal disease, monilial burn.
First, the young twigs dry up along with the leaves, then the disease captures the larger branches, the bark on them shrinks, and an abundant gum flow begins.
If you do not take any measures, then the tree may die, and you will not wait for the harvest.
HOW TO FIGHT WITH MONILIOSIS ON CHERRY
I cut and burned all the dried shoots.
When pruning, it removed not only the affected part, but also part of the healthy tissue. If a brown ring was visible on the cut (one of the signs of moniliosis), it captured another part of the branch.
Since it was no longer possible to use chemical preparations after flowering, the Fitosporin-M biological preparation began to be used.
I sprayed cherries in the phase of mass formation of ovaries, and then - during the formation of fruits (20 ml of the drug per 10 liters of water). But after harvesting, she treated the tree with Horus 2 times. This spring, during bud break, I sprayed cherries with 3% Bordeaux liquid.
She carried out sanitary pruning to improve the ventilation of the crown - she removed all the branches thickening it.
I covered all the cracks in the bark, as well as sections of large branches with RanNet paste.
NOTE: VARIETIES RESISTANT TO MONILIOSIS
It has not yet been possible to completely protect cherries from moniliosis, but more or less resistant varieties have already been bred: Novodvorskaya, Zhivitsa, Gurtievka, Pamyat Enikeeva, Turgenevka, Zhukovskaya, Kazachka.
Reference by topic: Cherry moniliosis - how to fight?
WHAT TO DO IF THE CHERRY BRANCHES ARE DRY? VIDEO
© Author: Marina IGNATENKO, Voronezh
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Cherries: care in the middle of summer
- Steppe cherry (photo) varieties and reviews about them. Landing and care
- Cherry Bessey and ordinary - what is the difference and is it worth changing one for another?
- Growing bush cherries - varieties and care (Irkutsk region)
- How to propagate a cherry by growth
- Sand Cherry (photo) planting and caring for her
- The best varieties of cherries - name and description (Penza region)
- Why does Bessey's cherry dry up?
- Types of cherries for Siberia and other cold regions - care tips
- Bush cherry (photo) - planting and care
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!