HOW TO HELP THE STRAWBERRY IF FIRST FROZES AND THEN THE WELVILLE?
Tell me how to deal with weevil on strawberries. This year, with the timely double treatment with Inta-Vir, I still had to cut off and throw away a whole bunch of the very first and large flowers with blackened centers.
Morina Sokolova, Moscow region
Raisa Petrunina, Plant Protection Specialist, answers
Most likely, strawberries suffered from frost, as evidenced by the blackened centers of the flowers. To protect it from low planting temperatures, it is recommended to cover it with non-woven material at night.
And the weevil, if there are no damaged and fallen buds, most likely, nothing to do with it. Coming out of wintering, after mating, his female pierces a hole in the side of the bud, lays one egg in it and gnaws the pedicel. A few days later, the browned bud falls to the ground along with a white larva that has eaten it from the inside. From strawberries, the weevil moves to raspberries.
On strawberries, larvae occur from the second decade of May to early July, on raspberries - from late June to late July.
In order to scare away beetles during the budding period and the beginning of flowering, which, in preparation for oviposition, massively flock to planting strawberries or raspberries, the bushes are sprayed at least three times in 5-7 days with coniferous concentrate (70 g of powder per bucket of water), a solution of 9% - vinegar (0,5 l per 5 l of water), ammonia -1 tbsp. spoon or Corvalol - 25 ml (pharmaceutical vial) per 5 liters of water.
Chemical control measures should be resorted to only in extreme cases. In private farms, Taran preparations are allowed, VE - 1 ml per 10 liters of water (used during the period of budding); Alatar, EC - 5 ml per 4 liters of water (they are treated with plantings during the growing season); Fufanon-Nova, VE - 11,5 ml per 10 liters of water (it is used before and after flowering).
Reference by topic: Fight for strawberries with weevil, Maybug, mold and slugs - tips
A GOOD WAY FROM WEAVY ON STRAWBERRY - VIDEO
Photo Lyudmila Mogilevich
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Aspergillosis, peronosporosis and cladosporiosis - we determine by symptoms and treat
- How to deal with currant glass?
- Fungal and viral diseases of flowers - how to fight? Measures and means
- Fighting pests in the new garden season - drugs and measures
- Late blight - the main thing is not treatment and prevention
- How to deal with bacterial vine cancer
- A sticky black coating on an apple tree is a sucker: how to deal with it?
- Treating a pear bacterial burn - my tips and remedies
- If the currant withers, turns yellow and dries - how to save?
- Minimizing moth and other insect pests and their control
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!