FLOWER ECONOMY AND ECONOMY
Is it possible to make a beautiful and modern garden with minimal financial costs? Is there a nursery where plants are free? How to transform your flower garden to look like a designer? How not to spend a lot of time, money and effort on arranging a garden?
WHERE DO WE START A BUDGET FLOWER BOARD?
Let's start by planning your garden budget. Of course, all summer residents primarily grow healthy organic vegetables, fruits and berries. And how can you compare the taste of your fruits with those bought on the market or in a store ?! Therefore, the main expenses go to the garden and orchard. Saplings, seeds, seedlings, fertilizers There are also expenses for water, electricity, transport. But there is also the price of working time. And few people consider it. And time is an irreplaceable resource. How we will conduct it, with what efficiency - this is very important. Therefore, when planning plantings in the country, you need to take into account how much time you will spend on caring for them.
For example, I grew pears. First they bought seedlings, then they grew for several years, they required pruning, treatment for diseases and pests, and foliage cleaning. The fruits appeared only in the 4th year. Some of them were eaten by wasps, some crumbled and rotted, some were distributed to relatives and friends. Maybe we ate a couple of kilos, but was it worth the effort? Anyway (out of season) we buy pears. And they are inexpensive. And if you plant blueberry bushes instead of pears? They require less care, especially if you do drip irrigation. And you can enjoy tasty, healthy and very expensive berries for a long time. And blueberry bushes are very decorative and serve as a garden decoration throughout the season.
It is important to calculate how many vegetables, fruits and berries your family will really need. Maybe it makes sense to reduce the garden area and allocate more space for recreation and ornamental plants? After all, proper rest is also important, especially in the fresh air.
Questions immediately arise: how much money will be needed to transform the site and where to start? First of all, we are looking for a good nursery where healthy, well-groomed plants grow, adapted to your microclimate. It is easy to find him and you don’t need to go anywhere: he is in your country house. You yourself will make it in a good bed, planting your best plants and growing seedlings from seeds.
Plant new fashionable plants and cereals there for subsequent growth and reproduction. Indeed, to create a designer flower garden, you will need many copies of each of the plants. And when you have your own planting material, which you will observe for more than one season, you yourself will understand what goes best with what, which plants do not lose their decorative effect during the season, what their growth rate is and how best to place them in a mixborder. And most importantly, they will be practically free for you.
The secret of a designer flower garden is simple: a harmonious color scheme, a contrast in the shape of the foliage and a small assortment of plants planted in large patches in suitable conditions.
CONVERTING A PLOT IN STEPS
1. We allocate two beds for the nursery: in partial shade and in the sun.
2. We revise our plants. Suitable ones are left, propagated and planted in a nursery for growing. The rest are distributed, sold or planted separately.
3. We draw an approximate plan for the future recreation area with surrounding flower beds (mixborders). It is not necessary to think over the location of the plants, it is enough to draw a floor plan (tiles, gravel, flower garden).
4. We select flower pairs for plants. We make a collage and see how they fit together, that is, we are looking for harmonious flower sets.
5. We buy the missing plants or grow seedlings from seeds, plant them in our nursery for further growth or reproduction.
6. We prepare seats based on the floor plan. If there is virgin soil, we close it together with vegetation with cardboard and black spunbond so that all weeds disappear. If the land is fertile, we sow green manure to improve soil properties.
7. From the selected plants, we think over the scheme of the flower garden. Do not forget about the background (a hedge of thuja or shrubs, cereals, a fence or a wall of a house). We choose soloists (single bright specimens), their partners (plants blooming at the same time as soloists) and extras (secondary fillers).
If it is difficult to make a plan on paper, you can plant the plants in pots and then arrange them in the places designated for the flower garden. First, large and structural plants are planted, then - filling.
FLOWERS: THE BEST PARTNERS
Oak sage blooms at the same time as peonies, roses, catnip, daylily and blends wonderfully with them. Lilac, purple or pink sage candles will brighten up any flower garden. He is also handsome as a solitaire. Propagated by seeds, division, valuable varieties - cuttings.
Echinacea purpurea is in harmony with panicled phlox, veronica spiky, reed grass. Echinacea and Veronica bloom in the second year after sowing the seeds. Try now to buy them in several packages of the same color and plant them in a nursery bed. Then next year you will get a lot of fashionable and spectacular plants almost for free.
Fassen catnip is a versatile plant that blooms almost all summer. It is good both in the rose garden and in meadow flower beds, it will also decorate coniferous compositions. It is enough to plant several varieties, different in height and flowering time, so that your garden is shrouded in a bluish haze all summer. If you grow it with seedlings in the spring, it blooms in the same year.
Grasses - palm-leaved sedge, sharp-flowered reed grass, lightning, twig-like millet, Chinese miscanthus, soddy pike. Buy them one by one and plant them temporarily in the garden. Divide next year and grow again in your nursery. Then in a couple of years you will get wonderful partners for all your flower plants.
Japanese spirea shrubs Little Princesses and Gold Princesses. They are suitable for low hedges, and as structural balls in flower beds, and in the foreground of mixborders. They are easy to propagate by cuttings or by bending branches to the ground.
Even if you add only this range to the existing plants, plant perennials in large arrays and repeat these combinations in different parts of the site, you can create a beautiful, inexpensive and low-maintenance garden. For a spring accent, simply add tulips or daffodils, for a summer one - decorative bows of different varieties. This will not only make the garden modern, but also significantly save the garden budget.
Reference by topic: Dacha Savings and Economy: Income and Expenses
A FLOWER BED IS SIMPLE AND INEXPENSIVE - VIDEO
© Author: Tatyana Mager, landscape designer Photo by the author
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Topiary figures with their own hands in the country without a haircut
- Corner of the garden and flowerbed-rock garden with spicy herbs-beautiful, tasty, useful
- Landscaping - professional advice
- Do-it-yourself flowerbed with spicy aromatic herbs in the form of a dry stream
- Walls, stairs and paths in the garden with their own hands
- Crafts from tires for decorating the dacha - "tea set" with their own hands
- Geoplastics - a change in the relief of the site. Hills and grooves
- Growing of coniferous plants for decoration of a summer residence and a site
- Flowerbed with phlox without weeds - use non-woven material
- Decorative garden and plants for it - advice from a garden designer
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!