HOW TO PROLONG THE BEARING OF CUCUMBERS AND TOMATOES
That's what no gardener would refuse, it's from cucumber-tomatoes, ripening on the bushes until late autumn. Moreover, due to the weather, the season was torn, short, the vegetables did not have time to get bored. Let's try to prolong fruiting? Here's what the experts advise.
EXTENSION OF FRUITING FOR CUCUMBERS
1. Maintain Humidity. Even a short-term drying of the soil leads to the cessation of the formation of new greens. Systematic watering or drip irrigation is needed. Preferably with warm water early in the morning or evening. If the soil is moist at a depth of 1 cm, watering can be postponed for a day or two. To reduce the evaporation of moisture from the soil and sudden changes in its humidity and temperature, it is desirable to cover the ground with mulch.
2. Powdery mildew prevention. Cucumbers bear fruit for a long time if they are healthy. Therefore, you need to regularly inspect the plants for the appearance of powdery mildew. At the first signs of the disease (the leaves seem to be sprinkled with flour and partially dry out), treat them with one of the systemic fungicides, observing the waiting time (usually a little over a week!). Or biopreparations.
3. Leaf dressing. The nights have already become cold, cucumbers have difficulty getting fertilizer through the roots. Now it is better to carry out foliar feeding with any complex fertilizer. Solutions of humates with microfertilizers are suitable. The best assimilation is when feeding in the early morning hours.
4. Potassium to give twice as much nitrogen. The need for cucumbers in phosphorus at all stages is low. But potassium should be almost 2 times more than nitrogen. Approximate composition of NPK (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium) looks like this: 15:5:30. Moreover, in September, cucumbers can still be fed with nitrogen, since new fruits will appear only with an increase in the vegetative mass. Potassium also affects the taste of greens, and enhances the immunity of plants.
5. Shelter from the weather and frost. At the beginning of autumn, 1-2 frosts often occur, then the weather is warm for another month or two. Covering cucumbers in bad weather with a film or agrofibre (protects only from minor frosts!), You can extend their life for another month or more. In the rain, throw a film over the beds. During the day in warm weather, it must be removed. In cold weather, open the bed a little from the bottom or from the ends for fresh air.
6. Gather cucumbers, remove excess lashes. Frequent picking of cucumbers stimulates the appearance of new ovaries. Removal of fruit-bearing and barren lashes contributes to the ventilation of plants and directs nutrition to the growth of new fruits.
EXTENSION OF FRUITING FOR TOMATOES
1. Protect against late blight, use all available methods.
2. Ensure the optimal temperature in the greenhouse, at which the fruits continue to pour: during the day - about 20-24 ° C, at night - 17-18 ° C.
Z. Do not increase the humidity in the greenhouse - this is fraught with disease. Water only during the day and under the root - at low night temperatures, the roots slow down.
4. Mulch to keep the soil warm.
5. Leave 2-3 fruits on the hands, remove the rest.
6. Feed with a calcium fertilizer so that the plant can more easily tolerate the stress of lower night temperatures.
7. Stepson regularly, and then ventilate the greenhouse, it is advisable not to water the plants on this day.
8. Insulate beds for the night by placing bottles of warm water on the beds. And at night, throw insulating materials on the greenhouse.
9. Continue root dressing during pouring and harvesting fruits (for 10 liters of green slurry water or mullein infusion - 1 liter, urea - 0,5 tablespoons, double superphosphate - 2 tablespoons, ash - 2 cups, copper sulfate - 1/3 tablespoon, microfertilizers - 0,5 tablets). Water and loosen.
10. Cover with a film (frame method) at night, and in cloudy weather - around the clock to protect plants from dew and fog.
Reference by topic: Tomatoes and peppers: how to prolong fruiting
TOMATOES AND CUCUMBERS - BEARING BEFORE Frost: VIDEO
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Caring for root crops in autumn - so that there is a harvest and are stored for a long time
- Early peppers and tomatoes in boxes - my method reviews and tips
- Pinching plants - how to pinch and trim vegetables according to the Mitlider
- The biggest varieties of pumpkin and care for them
- Harvesting - terms ways and storage
- Cultivation of zucchini and zucchini in the Oryol region: planting and care
- Bulgarian varieties of vegetables
- How to grow a watermelon - early ripening varieties, recipes from watermelon
- Proper storage of onions, shallots, garlic and rocumball
- Growing zucchini and squash in boxes and boxes and my recipes from them
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!