CURRANTS: PLANTING ACCORDING TO THE RULES
Autumn is the best time to plant currants. This confirms the high survival rate. In the spring, the berry plant needs to simultaneously take root and enter the growing season. But during autumn planting, the plant will direct all its efforts only to the development of the root system.
Buy currant seedlings from trusted sellers. When choosing a variety, consider the flowering period, yield, resistance to major diseases and pests. The roots of the plant should be well developed and not have breaks or signs of rotting.
1. Set aside for the berry garden well-lit area with fertile loamy or cohesive sandy loam soddy-podzolic soil with a slightly acidic or almost neutral reaction. Lowlands and closed basins with swampy soil are not suitable.
2. Optimal pit size for currants: depth - 30 cm, diameter - 60 cm. You need to fill it like this: 8-10 kg of straw cow dung, 120-140 g of 20% superphosphate and 40 g of 40% potassium salt (or 300 g of wood ash). To better mix the fertilizers with the soil, you can do everything in three steps: first fill the hole one-third full, scatter a third of the fertilizers and mix with the soil. Fill the second and third parts in the same way.
3. Before When planting, trim the seedlings, leave 5-7 buds. This procedure will help to form a good bush in the future.
4. Plant blackcurrant seedlings obliquely, at an angle of 30-40 degrees., deepen the root collar by 5-8 cm. For red and white currants, vertical planting is preferable, and the root collar should be at soil level. After planting, water the seedling generously.
5. In a day or two loosen the soil and mulch the currants with peat or humus. Mulch will retain moisture and reduce the number of weeds in the spring.
NOTE: FOR ALL TYPES OF CURRANTS, GOOD PRECEDORS ARE POTATOES, CARROTS, BEET, PEAS, CORN. BUT IT IS NOT WORTH PLANTING IN THE PLACE OF UPROADED GOOSEBERRY BUSHES, SINCE THE PLANTS HAVE MANY COMMON DISEASES AND PESTS.
Reference by topic: Planting blackcurrant - pit preparation and further care
PLANTING CURRANTS - VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
© Author: Alexander Gorny, Cand. of sciences
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Step-by-step planting of currants - instructions from an agronomist
- Care for black currant: pruning, processing boiling water pr (Vladimir region)
- Varieties of black currants for the Irkutsk region - choose the best
- Propagation of currants by cuttings (AUTUMN)
- How to save black currant from anthracnose with folk remedies
- Reproduction of currants by layering is the best way!
- How 100% correctly plant a blackcurrant - photo
- Growing blackcurrant for sale - reviews and tips
- Description and name of the best varieties of blackcurrant (photo) and their care
- Black currant does not bear fruit - what is the reason
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!