HOW TO PROPERLY PLANT RASPBERRY IN AUTUMN?
One of the conditions for high raspberry yield is its correct planting, so I take this process responsibly.
I plant common raspberries in the fall, at the end of September - beginning of October, since they take root better in the dormant phase. I choose a sunny place with protection from the winds, because this culture loves light. Raspberries tolerate partial shade, but in this case there will be fewer berries. It grows best in loose, nutritious, water- and breathable soils. In heavy soils you need to add sand, in sandy ones you need to add clay soil, and in acidic ones you need to lime.
I grow raspberries on light loams, which retain a sufficient amount of moisture well, and she especially prefers this soil.
I plant it on flat terrain. In the lowlands there may be water stagnation, which raspberries cannot tolerate, there they get sick more often and are more susceptible to attacks by pests.
At higher elevations, on the contrary, it lacks moisture, which is why the yield may decrease, and the berries will not please you with their size and quantity.
The raspberry root system must be strong, undamaged, and its length must be at least 20 cm. I pay special attention to this when purchasing it.
- I cut the above-ground mass to 30 cm, I do this for better root growth.
- About 20 days before planting, I dig a hole about 40 cm deep and about 50 cm in diameter, add 8 kg of humus, 100 g of superphosphate and 50 g of potassium sulfate mixed with soil.
- I take annual seedlings and deepen the root system no more than 2-3 cm below the soil surface. I leave about 80 cm between seedlings, and at least 180 cm between rows. With more frequent planting, the bushes become thicker, they don’t get enough sun, and the berries will be small.
- I water the planted plants and mulch the soil around them.
- Raspberries love moisture, so I water them generously to prevent the soil from drying out. But not in excess, otherwise the root system may rot.
- If non-winter-hardy raspberry variety, in the winter I bend its branches to the ground and mulch with humus so that the plants are not damaged during frosts.
Reference by topic: Autumn planting raspberries (+ VIDEO)
PLANTING RASPBERRY IN AUTUMN - VIDEO
© Author: Svetlana Martynova, Orel Photo by the author
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Raspberries along the fence - what are the advantages?
- Growing remontant raspberries - care and preparation for winter (Novosibirsk region)
- Where to plant a raspberry?
- Raspberry yellow giant - photo and description
- Raspberry varieties are drought tolerant. Caring for raspberries in the heat
- Repaired raspberries in Siberia - the secret of growing
- Growing raspberries regular and remontant - differences and pros and cons
- Varieties of yellow and black raspberries, reviews and descriptions of varieties
- Raspberries in tires - a convenient way to grow
- How to thin out raspberries - how much to remove and how much to leave?
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!