WHEN A TOMATO IS STRESSED
This year, something incomprehensible is happening to my tomatoes: they grow stepsons not only as extensions of the brushes (okay, I’ve seen these before), but also from leaves. Moreover, of the latter, the brush comes with flowers.
I understand that plants fatten, but at the same time they also bear fruit quite well. I don’t know what to do with them. Should I remove them or let them grow? Elizabeth.
Tomatoes can present such surprises not only because they fatten, although an unbalanced diet is one of the main reasons. The culprit for this growth of brushes may be the weather.
Due to the stress situation that has arisen, plants experience a hormonal imbalance, as a result of which the content of auxin, a hormone responsible for the growth of fruits and shoots, increases in tomatoes.
Especially often such growths appear in conditions of low light and high humidity, and this is cloudy rainy weather. Leaves, stepsons and their other modifications must be removed; this will have a beneficial effect on the development of the cluster: the fruits will begin to swell and turn red faster.
Remove the lower leaves on the bushes. Only those that are located above the clusters that have not yet completed the formation should remain on the stems.
Already saturated fruits do not need a large amount of plastic substances.
Reduce watering, especially in cloudy weather. Feed the tomatoes at the root with potassium sulfate (1 tablespoon per 10 liters of water) or spray them with the same solution.
In such cases, spraying the leaves with potassium monophosphate (10 g per 10 liters of water) also helps.
Reference by topic: Plant nutrition in the heat - how to survive stress?
WHAT TO DO IF TOMATOES ARE FAT - VIDEO
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Tomatoes without seedlings - method and reviews about it
- Growing black-fruited tomatoes (PHOTO) - planting and care
- The best varieties of tomatoes for salting, eating, the largest and smallest
- Indeterminate tomatoes - tall varieties
- Growing tomatoes under easy shelter
- Growing tomatoes on the Black Sea coast - variety reviews
- Tomato is a "bullish heart" - I grow only these tomatoes!
- To plant overgrown tomato seedlings? Reviews after the experiment
- Tomatoes Organza (photo) from the seed store - my reviews
- Growing of lian tall tomatoes
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!