TREATMENT OF TREE BARK IN THE FRUIT GARDEN
In one of the articles we talked abouthow to recognize the signs of the most dangerous bark diseases. And today we’ll find out how to protect the garden from terrible diseases and whether it is possible to help an already infected tree.
HOW TO PROTECT TREES FROM BARK DISEASES
Prevention is the main way to protect against dangerous cancer diseases. Pathogens only enter through wounds, so disinfect and seal damaged areas and cuts after pruning. Do not forget about chemical treatments during critical periods for cancer infection: in early spring and during bud break, spray the garden with copper preparations (Bordeaux mixture - 200-300 g per 10 liters of water; Azofos, Abiga-Peak, Medeke, Kuproksat - according to the instructions). In autumn, during the period of leaf fall, eradication treatment of the crown with a solution of urea or ammonium nitrate (700-800 g per 10 liters of water) is required.
It is weakened trees that are most affected by cancer. Therefore, timely protection from other diseases and pests, balanced fertilizing with complex fertilizers containing microelements, sufficient watering and proper care will significantly increase the resistance of plants.
HOW TO TREAT BORTH DISEASES
If possible, remove the main source of infection from the garden - cut out the affected wood and treat cancerous cankers (this is convenient to do in the spring before the leaves bloom, when the crown is clearly visible and the tree has time to recover). When treating, it is important to remove only dead tissue, trying not to affect living tissue.
Disinfect the wounds with a solution of copper sulfate (30-50 g per 1 liter of water) and cover with garden varnish. If the ulcer is large, wrap it in a cloth afterwards to prevent the rain from washing away the putty.
IMPORTANT! Be sure to remove all affected wood from the site and burn it! Cuttings from a diseased plant left in the garden can disperse spores for another 2 years, infecting healthy trees.
DISEASES OF TREE BARK - VIDEO
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Pests of currants of apples and raspberries: summer fight
- Onion peel against spider mites
- Marigolds from diseases and pests - the use of infusions and other ways to protect plants
- Frogs in the garden - A HUGE benefit!
- Pest preparations - large memo table: name + description from what and whom
- Preparations for the treatment of conifers what and what
- How to deal with bacterial vine cancer
- How to fight black apple cancer? Expert advice
- Bark diseases: prevention and treatment
- Thrips on strawberries-strawberries: photos, symptoms and control measures
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!