GARDEN AND VEGETABLE VEGETABLE WITH YOUR OWN HANDS - ADVICE OF AN EXPERIENCED HOUSEHOLDER
And it’s as if the slugs never happened!
No wonder the proverb says: in July the yard is empty, but the fields are thick. Top of summer. Warmth. Our northern land has finally warmed up. Exuberant summer life walks lightly through the courtyards.
August will creep up unnoticed and bring a slight sadness: summer is ending. But it will also bring great joy, generously rewarding people for their efforts.
She generously shares her accumulated, proven secrets in her classes. For example, she has wonderful cabbage every year! Lyudmila Ivanovna advises sowing seeds in mid-April in disposable cups. Then she transplants the finished seedlings into deep holes, sheds them thoroughly with water and does not forget to add fertilizers (special for cabbage plus ash). Sprinkle the hole in a circle with ash and humus. Then, when the holes become dry, an experienced summer resident waters the cabbage with cold water.
В there is also a secret to fighting slugs.
You need to mix the ash with red pepper and shag and sprinkle the soil around the cabbage with this mixture.
And Lyudmila Ivanovna also grows gorgeous flowers - gladioli, roses, dahlias, irises.
By the way, irises are quite common plants in our areas. And if you choose the right varieties, you can achieve flowering for a long time.
But there are times when irises completely refuse to bloom. Therefore, you should not plant them too deep. Plant the rhizomes so that the root collar protrudes from the ground by a third.
Please also note that irises grow quickly and after a few years they are pressed so tightly together that there is no room left for the flower stalks. Therefore, every three to four years it is necessary to carry out division and planting.
In addition, irises love a lot of light, and if there is not enough of it, then they may not bloom.
IN THE GARDEN, IN THE VEGETABLE GARDEN
That save tomatoes from late blight when the ovary appears, you need to water them with a solution of potassium permanganate (2 g per 10 liters of water).
А accelerate fruit ripening this procedure will help. Prepare iodine fertilizer for plants: 30-40 drops per 10 liters of water during fruiting.
Many gardeners love gooseberries. There are a wide variety of varieties on sale today. Studying their characteristics and making a choice on this basis is not an easy task. We want to help.
First of all, you should decide which properties of the variety are most important to you. We give preference to varieties of early and mid-early ripening.
Such, for example, as Pink-2. The berries are large, pink-red with a slight waxy coating, have a dessert taste, are suitable for canning, and make good compotes. Medium-yielding, disease-resistant. Medium-sized bush, responsive to growing conditions.
Grade Plum – average ripening period. The berries are large, dark red, round, have a pleasant dessert taste, with a light plum aroma, and have a universal purpose. The plant is high-yielding, disease-resistant, and winter-hardy. The bush is vigorous and easily propagated in various ways.
И about ash. It the best fertilizer for lilacs, a source of nutrients and a gently alkalizing agent for the soil. We dilute the ash in water for irrigation at the rate of 1-2 cups per bucket of water or pour it into the tree trunk circle, and mulch it with compost or grass on top. With this care, lilacs bloom at a young age and delight with abundant flowering for many years.
И a few “onion” tips for novice housewives.
- Before adding the onion to the soup, it is advisable to cut it in half and lightly fry the cut side in a frying pan without oil: this will help preserve the aromatic substances in the soup.
- When chopping onions, it is recommended to rinse the knife more often with cold water to prevent your eyes from watering.
- The opened onion will remain fresh if you place it cut side down on a plate sprinkled with salt.
- A decoction of onion peels is good for coloring broths. In addition, it enriches the dish with vitamins.
Dear summer residents! Don't be afraid to experiment. Try it, everything will work out for you. I wish you success!
7 MORE LIFE HACKS FOR GARDENS ON VIDEO
© Author: Nadezhda Nikolaevna Starovoyt, head of the Harvest club. Sovetskaya Gavan, Khabarovsk Territory
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Dacha, garden and garden with their own hands - a collection of useful FOLK advice and country life hacks 30
- Garden and garden secrets ideas and useful tips for summer cottages - issue 3
- Ideas for giving and people's useful advice - a collection of 10
- Do-it-yourself garden and vegetable garden - my advice (collection number 27)
- Ideas for cottages and beautiful crafts - a collection of 8
- Dacha, garden and garden with their own hands - a collection of useful FOLK advice and country life hacks 34
- Homemade tools for sowing seeds
- Do-it-yourself dacha, garden and vegetable garden - folk advice: collection No. 41
- Do-it-yourself dacha, garden and vegetable garden - folk advice: collection No. 42
- Dacha, garden and garden with their own hands - a collection of useful FOLK advice and country life hacks 33
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!