WHICH CUCUMBERS BEAR FRUIT THE LONGEST?
© Author: Nikolay Khromov Ph.D.
It’s December outside the window, and some gardeners are already thinking about what varieties of cucumbers to plant in the beds in the coming year. In the outgoing year 2023, cucumber varieties such as Phoenix or Phoenix-640, as well as Far Eastern-17. Exotic lovers were pleased with the long cucumbers of the Chinese Sustainable variety.
The choice, of course, should be up to the gardener himself, plus you need to take into account the climate conditions of the area in which you live, and, among other things, take into account how you will grow cucumbers - in open or protected ground.
In general, every gardener growing cucumbers on his plots should have two strategies:
1. plant the most resistant varieties and harvest throughout the warm season;
2. plant relatively resistant, super-early varieties and collect the maximum harvest before the outbreak of fungal infection.
Of the early ripening cucumber cultivars, we would recommend the following.
The first fruits can be collected within 38-41 days from the moment of germination. The variety is very resistant to the vast majority of cucumber diseases and does not require pollination. Zelentsy reach
lengths are 10 cm, and sometimes they are longer, but their weight exceeds 50 g. The variety is white-thorned, does not outgrow for a long time, is ideal for canning, as well as for pickling.
The variety has earned its popularity, but keep in mind that it is a Dutch selection - don’t let the name confuse you. The harvest ripens 36-38 days after emergence. The variety is resistant to a wide variety of cucumber diseases and tolerant of poor care.
The variety ripens 41-45 days after germination; the cultivar is very resistant to cucumber diseases.
Not much different from Swallow. The size of the fruits reaches 10 cm, sometimes they are a little larger, and the weight of each often exceeds 80 g. Rare tubercles are visible on the fruits, the taste is simply magnificent. You can eat both fresh and canned fruits - they are perfect for this.
Its difference from the famous Phoenix is that the fruits never become bitter, but its resistance to cucumber diseases is weaker. The plants themselves are very powerful and take longer to turn green than the vast majority of varieties.
Chinese Disease Resistant
Ripens in 48-55 days.
The fruits, like most Chinese varieties, reach a length of thirty centimeters or more. The variety is resistant to diseases and does not require any care at all; it is perfect for both pickling and canning.
Reference by topic: The three most delicious varieties of cucumber - my reviews
Below other entries on the topic "Dacha and garden - with their own hands"
- Cucumber variety ALPINIST F1 - my reviews
- Netherflower on cucumbers - what to do
- Growing cucumbers on a window or balcony - varieties, shaping and care
- Growing + garter cucumbers on a high bed in a greenhouse (Ryazan region)
- Instructions for growing cucumbers in the North-West (Leningrad region)
- Chinese cucumbers - planting and care, experience and feedback on varieties
- Growing white-fruited cucumbers - varieties and my reviews
- Spunbonded Cucumbers - Growing Instructions
- Growing cucumbers in the Moscow region - planting and care
- Cultivation of cucumbers - from seedlings to crops
Subscribe to updates in our groups and share.
Let's be friends!